Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin 101

Old 03-05-2013, 10:54 AM   #1
Munchkin

Default I Don't Wanna Be A __________ Anymore...

I have a question about race and class. The rules say at anytime, even in combat, you can say "I don't wanna be a ________ anymore." So when's the next time you can update to something else? My friends and I had been playing additional race/class cards sideways but I guess that's only for items correct (and not once only items if I understand correctly). So if that's the case then would you have to keep other races/classes in your hand and if so would the player have to wait until his/her next turn in order to update to something else?
Munchkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 10:58 AM   #2
Brf

Default Re: I Don't Wanna Be A __________ Anymore...

You can only play a race/class during your own turn, or immediately after you receive it.
Brf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 11:01 AM   #3
Mister Ed

The rules for Races and Classes are that you can discard them at any time, and you can play them at any time on your own turn, or as soon as you get them.

So, as an example, if a Munchkin is in combat with a helper, the Munchkin whose turn it is is free to discard their race AND replace it with another one if they have one in hand. The helper can ALSO discard their race, but they can't play another from their hand, as it isn't their turn. If, somehow, they managed to get a race card at that time, they could play it as soon as they got it, if they wanted to.
Mister Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 12:46 PM   #4
bonetm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchkin View Post
My friends and I had been playing additional race/class cards sideways but I guess that's only for items correct (and not once only items if I understand correctly).
although other have alread answered the original question, here goes a clarification: you are right when you say only Items (cards with a Gold Value) can be played sideways, but you can play any Item, which means one-shot Items too. You can have as many small Items in play as you want, but only one Big.
MiB: #1602
bonetm is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
change class, change race, class, race