Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 09-22-2007, 04:21 AM   #1
joelbf

Default [GURPS Spaceships] Possible errata

On page 35 Air Performance:

Second paragraph says (if I read it correctly) if your acceleration doesn't match a line in the Air Performance Table multiply square root of acceleration in G with 2500 to get speed in mph, this seems fine.

First paragraph after the table says "For half-G increments round up but multiply by 0,7 ". Problem is this gives less speed than if you did round down, IE 1,5G accel gives less top speed than 1G using this formula.
joelbf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 11:48 AM   #2
David L Pulver
AlienAbductee

Default Re: [GURPS Spaceships] Possible errata

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boobis
On page 35 Air Performance:

Second paragraph says (if I read it correctly) if your acceleration doesn't match a line in the Air Performance Table multiply square root of acceleration in G with 2500 to get speed in mph, this seems fine.

First paragraph after the table says "For half-G increments round up but multiply by 0,7 ". Problem is this gives less speed than if you did round down, IE 1,5G accel gives less top speed than 1G using this formula.
Ignore that line. Use the formula.
Old 09-23-2007, 01:41 AM   #3
walkir

p.58, RoF Table:
Rapid Fire Weapons need an asterisk indicating the doubling of shots for improved weapons. Otherwise, a new example is needed.

p.65/66, last/first sentence:
This should read "10 turns in 3-minute scale, or 3 turn[s] at 10-minute scale". Otherwise it wouldn't be 30 minutes.
walkir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 04:25 AM   #4
flyingwombat

I am wondering why the lower limit of SM set at +5. I wanted to stat out a star fleet shuttle like in TOS ep "Galieo 7" which is described as a "24 ft shuttle craft".
flyingwombat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 02:47 PM   #5
David L Pulver
AlienAbductee

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingwombat
I am wondering why the lower limit of SM set at +5. I wanted to stat out a star fleet shuttle like in TOS ep "Galieo 7" which is described as a "24 ft shuttle craft".
Word count and space limits. Each extra column on the table adds significantly to the wordage. A SM+4 column would have been nice, but there was just not room for it.

Also, the key figure is loaded mass - dimensions can change. If you can heavily load a star fleet shuttle, you might get its mass up to that value...
Old 09-23-2007, 02:58 PM   #6
David L Pulver
AlienAbductee

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkir
p.58, RoF Table:
Rapid Fire Weapons need an asterisk indicating the doubling of shots for improved weapons. Otherwise, a new example is needed.

p.65/66, last/first sentence:
This should read "10 turns in 3-minute scale, or 3 turn[s] at 10-minute scale". Otherwise it wouldn't be 30 minutes.
Thank you - you are correct.

p. 58, RoF table
the asterisk is missing from the numbers in the Rapid Fire Beam or Gun column, which should have asterisks like the other rows.

They should be:

Rapid Fire Beam or Gun† 10* 30* 100* 300*

p. 58, RoF table
the asterisk is missing from the numbers in the Rapid Fire Beam or Gun column, which should have asterisks like the other rows.

They should be:

Rapid Fire Beam or Gun† 10* 30* 100* 300*

p. 66, first sentence on the page continued that continues from p. 65

"1 turn at 10-minute scale" should be "3 turns at 10-minute scale"
Old 09-23-2007, 04:32 PM   #7
cccwebs

A question.....
Is the "spin up" time for a jumpdrive really 60/FTL hours? This would indicate that a ship with only 1 jump drive would need 2 1/2 days just to prepare for the jump!
cccwebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 11:55 AM   #8
Fade

*puts Errata Coordinator hat on*

This is just a reminder that if you'd like to report a piece of errata, the fastest way to get it actually put on the official errata page for a product is to send it to errata@sjgames.com. From there, I can check against what's already been reported and approved or disproved, get an official answer, and post it for everyone to see.

If you're not sure if something is actually errata, or you just have a general rules question, the forums are always a great place to ask. But I don't follow the forums closely enough to pick errata out of threads, and I'm usually not wearing this hat while I'm reading the forums anyway.

*takes Errata Coordinator hat off*

That being said, I need to get back to sorting through errata that has been sent in so that I can finish work and get back to making spaceships for my next space campaign.
Fade is offline   Reply With Quote