Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 10-19-2019, 11:15 PM   #11
naloth

Default Re: Permeation Questions [Basic/Powers]

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexanderHowl View Post
Since I have an effective ST 30 for the purpose of grappling, I could drag an individual without pinning them as long as they had a ST 15- (Basic, p. 371).
Yes, you can move them without rendering them unable to fight back. They can still defend as a grappled foe, though, so they aren't helpless or unable to "fight back". You can also push people without the need of grappling them, but that doesn't make them a possession either.

Encumbrance (at least to me) means that you're treating them as an object that isn't disagreeing with what you're trying to do.

Quote:
If they have a ST 16+, I would need to pin them before I could move them, but it is not something that would be a major problem. Taking two turns to prepare an ultimate attack is not necessarily a bad thing.
A pinned foe is essentially helpless, so you could kill them in any number of ways. If you prefer to use a super powers Mortal Kombat style finishing move (or disposing of the body that way), go for it.
naloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 03:43 AM   #12
Aldric

Even if you could carry them inside, when you release them they get back out exactly where they got in.

But I would probably just say no to other creatures, unless you can give them your Permeation ability
Aldric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 04:38 AM   #13
Rupert

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexanderHowl View Post
So, let us say that you have Lifting ST+20 (Super, -10%) [54], Permeation (Earth; Can Carry Objects, Heavy Encumbrance, +100%; Extended, Stone, +20%; Meld 2, +300%; Reflexive, +40%; Super, -10%) [220], and Pressure Support 3 (Super, -10%) [14]. Assuming that you had ST 10, that would give you the ability to take up to 1,080 lbs through the Earth with Permeation. Could you forcibly drag someone through the Earth and drop them off the side of a mountain? Could you forcibly drag someone to the bottom of the ocean and push them out where the pressure would crush them like an empty soda can?
I don't think you could push them out. Things you drop while within an object appear where they were taken in, so you'd have to emerge, drop the victim, and then re-meld.

"A pessimist is an optimist with a sense of history."
Rupert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 06:33 AM   #14
evileeyore
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rupert View Post
I don't think you could push them out. Things you drop while within an object appear where they were taken in, so you'd have to emerge, drop the victim, and then re-meld.
So... what does the GURPSmind think an Enhancement that allows this should cost? That is, the ability to expel an object or person at a different point from the entry point?
evileeyore is offline   Reply With Quote