Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Ogre and G.E.V. > Ogre Video Game

Old 01-19-2018, 01:49 AM   #11
Tim Kauffman

Default Re: Update 1.5.12.0

I'm totally biased and incorrect when I say as a priority the SCENARIO CREATOR. But will say it anyway.

If that worked flawlessly it would be a boon for this game. It would give people so inclined to create Custom Scenarios a unfettered ability to do so and increase the number of such games people would have available to play, also increasing this games play/replay value. Imho, that is at the heart of the success of this game. Play/Replay value. That only happens the more there is to play. That only happens if we can have a fully functional and robust Scenario Creator.

These Custom Scenarios being published and waiting to be published also create cross-over scenarios that can be adapted for the board game and put into print.

It's a incredible testing place for ideas and concepts which can be edited around at will and the click and move of a mouse and keyboard. It's inspirational for the person using it, but also, hopefully to others who see those published scenarios and get ideas.

It's such a big deal, it could be it's own DLC. We have it in the game as default, so that's great, but the possible framework and what all can eventually be included in it is mind blowing.

I'm about to fly into a enthusiastic rant about the incredible potential of the Scenario Creator, so I will stop myself here. ;)

Just please get all basic functionality issues resolved. I know there are bigger issues, but many would be more easy to deal with if they were not being experienced through basic faulty functionality. Scenario Settings Tabs [General Settings]/[Player Settings]/[Unit Settings]/[Victory Conditions] I am looking squarely at you, although you have plenty of bad company.

PLEASE fix Marines. It's a mess. When they are Submerged, they can get Overrun by non-Marine units and attacked by OGRE MBs, SBs and AP Guns for example. Here's the discussion over on STEAM: http://steamcommunity.com/app/517780...4915787934425/
Just get them functioning as the official rules state...then we can entertain tweeking them. ;)

PLEASE leave the Swamp "bug" alone...lol. The one that allows GEVs to enter Swamps without stopping before. We can all pretend this Terrain is actually "Marsh" which allows just this until you actually put Marsh Tiles in the game, then the official Swamp will be back. Just take the Swamp Tile and color it a lighter green with no trees, just low lying vegetation. ;)
Here's the discussion: http://forums.sjgames.com/showthread.php?t=154627

Suggestion for "Confirm to end the current phase" and "Opponent's Turn":
https://www.flickr.com/photos/128248...7687013529370/

Suggestion for Disable visual:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/128248...7687013529370/

I reeeeeaaally want to see OGRE NINJAs available in the Scenario Creator...and a black colored Mark4. Something as simple as a different colored OGRE (just a re-skinned model already in the game) can be reason enough to create a new scenario that follows a previous Custom Scenarios story line=play/replay value for the game and it's player base. I have the first Scenario ready to publish in a possible story-chain of Scenarios involving a MARK4 Rogue OGRE in OPERATION 4DARK 4DELTA, It's a unofficial NIGHTFALL Scenario but it won't publish due to issues.

Vatican Guard OGREs and Units cannot be included soon enough. Such cool looking unit colors. Just reskin all the models in those awesome colors please=even more Scenarios to Play/Replay.

COMMAND POSTS! I can't believe they are not available in the Scenario Creator. But, that gets into a whole huge topic of being able to make them function properly in Custom Scenarios with Victory Conditions parameters which is all stuff to program on top of existing game stuff. I just hope the Scenario Creator has a robust and solid foundation and is vastly expandable because that's what this game is going to need for it to really succeed.

The soundtrack and sound effects for this game are fantastic. GEVs could use some more intense jet sounding effects instead of sounding like an old propeller plane Imho. (I get that's to simulate the intake fan, but it needs more jet sound Imho layered over that like a harrier jet powering up for take off/landing.
The OGRE secondaries have recently started to sound anemic for some reason. Too close to AP guns almost...which sound awesome.
The sound of roads blowing up especially, OGRE MBs, Missiles and Howitzers all sound great, and Missile Tanks moving! So, more soundtrack music please!

Last edited by Tim Kauffman; 01-21-2018 at 03:30 AM.
Tim Kauffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 02:56 PM   #12
GranitePenguin
Ogre Line Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyMacon View Post
Low priority: The Ogres are still occasionally doing their face forward, face to the rear, repeat 20 or 30 times" dance.
I think this is a system resource issue (possibly GPU-specific). I see it on low-powered systems, but not on higher-powered ones.
Old 01-19-2018, 03:01 PM   #13
GranitePenguin
Ogre Line Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Kauffman View Post
PLEASE leave the Swamp "bug" alone...lol.
I had a good hearty LOL from this one. :-)