Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Traveller

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-29-2004, 09:05 PM   #1
Jross007

Default Most common PC ship.

I was wondering, (as I made my custom deck plans,paper and pencil, not comp graphics.) what set of deck plans would people most want to get?

For Traveler , MegaTraveler and the New Era, I managed to get several sets of deck plans, Fat merchant, Far Trader, Free Trader, various Scouts.
I allways wanted to get a larger scale Gazelle, (Or Fiery.) And the 2 DEs from Fighting Ships would have been great.
I did get one set of the Adventure Class Ships, (which set escapes me, they in storage and not accessable right now.)
Of course none of the PC ships stayed stock for long, but in many cases it was install better drives, bigger guns , or expand the cargo section.
On of my favorites was taking a Gazelle (LBB version.) refitting it with the drives from High Guard (Going from TL-13 to TL-15, TL 15 fusion way helped.)
And converting the ship into an Armed Freighter. I managed to squeeze 95 Dtons of cargo space into the bottom most deck and still get J-4 and M-4 capabilities.
I have tried to do the same in almost all versions of the game I have played so far, and the only one that defeats me is GURPS. That DR of 1700 makes the hull too heavy to get going fast and leave room for cargo.
(Though a version that I designed with DR200 made a good ship.Cargo room and to spare.)

So , your thoughts and desires. And your favorite stock ships, before and after mods.

John Ross
Jross007 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
traveller