Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Ogre and G.E.V. > Ogre Video Game

Old 10-20-2017, 10:56 AM   #1
AurochJake

Default Update Version 1.3.0.0

Hello folks! Check out the new update with the features and bug fixes listed below :)

New Features
  • The "Pin Tile" menu is now available during deployment. This can be used to inspect stacks during deployment.
  • Unit information now shows up while hovering over tiles with a single unit during deployment.
  • During the attack phase; you can now click on tiles with a single target to immediately select your target. (Unless that target is an Ogre.)
  • Flyouts have been added to attack summary for attackers and targets.
  • During the attack phase, when selecting a target, contextual information about a terrain overlay will show. (If a single unit and a terrain overlay are both placed in a tile, unit info will be shown instead)

Bug fixes
  • Removed 'Unaffected by Spillover' from combat log to help make series of attacks clearer.
  • Turn timer scaling with game speed in Multiplayer
  • Units disabled by fire/ram were recovering too early
  • Fixed missing defense value in unit status effect "Defense Modifier"
  • Fixed missing Terrain Overlay name in tooltip of target select menu
  • The "Move To Unit" button for attackers and targets in the Attack Summary now shows an icon while highlighted. (Highlight the unit portrait.)
  • The "Remove Attacker" in the Attack Summary now shows its function when highlighted. (Hover over the attack strength indicator.)
  • Rails can now be destroyed on a disable roll instead of a damage roll. Rails in Towns and Forests still require a damage roll as per the rules.
  • Attack summary now shows the correct roll requirements to destroy a Rail in a Town or Forest.
  • Contextual unit information should no longer flicker while moving between units in a context menu. (Known issue: flyouts sometimes flicker while moving onto them.)
  • Fixed a bug where units were taking an additional turn to recover after being disabled.
  • Fixed a bug where G.E.V.s were receiving an additional recovery phase just before the G.E.V. movement phase.
  • Replay button now disabled in Overrun
  • Combat log changes
  • Tutorial Fixes
  • Ramming/Overrun in same hex now working
  • Units now indicate 0 movement range instead of a minus figure.
  • Spillover fire from Ogre AP does not affect armoured units.
AurochJake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 11:23 AM   #2
offsides

Default Re: Update Version 1.3.0.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by AurochJake View Post
  • Rails can now be destroyed on a disable roll instead of a damage roll. Rails in Towns and Forests still require a damage roll as per the rules.
I assume you mean an 'X' for a 'damage roll'. Are we going to be able to damage town and forest hexes? Because 2 D results on a town or forest hex should count the same as 1 X, and thus destroy the rails (and is potentially easier to get).

Thanks for the update - I can't wait to try it!
Joshua Megerman, SJGames MIB #5273 - Ogre AI Testing Division
offsides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 12:57 PM   #3
GranitePenguin
Ogre Line Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by offsides View Post
I assume you mean an 'X' for a 'damage roll'. Are we going to be able to damage town and forest hexes? Because 2 D results on a town or forest hex should count the same as 1 X, and thus destroy the rails (and is potentially easier to get).
I assume that's part of the issue that's causing the delays in getting the G.E.V. scenarios. There's a lot of terrain destruction in those (especially Raid). When that's part of the whole point of the scenario, it's kind of important.
Old 10-20-2017, 02:30 PM   #4
GuyMacon

Quote:
Originally Posted by AurochJake View Post
Hello folks! Check out the new update
I just reloaded the game, watched as the updates loaded, and tried Nightfall: Mission Eight again. It has been stuck on "Enemy Deployment" for 15 minutes now. Is anyone else seeing this, or is it just me?
GuyMacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 04:31 PM   #5
tomc

The game experience is improving rapidly. There's a lot to do, and tons of details, but you're pumping out releases at an impressive rate.

Please tell your team their work is very much noticed and appreciated.

Freedom of Speech is not Freedom of Podium
tomc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 05:30 PM   #6
Ursus

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyMacon View Post
I just reloaded the game, watched as the updates loaded, and tried Nightfall: Mission Eight again. It has been stuck on "Enemy Deployment" for 15 minutes now. Is anyone else seeing this, or is it just me?
I hit this after updating today and then trying to run 'Blindsided'. Just sits at "Enemy Deployment" forever. Gonna submit bug report on it.
Old 10-20-2017, 09:00 PM   #7
GuyMacon

Default Re: Update Version 1.3.0.0: Now I cannot play the game.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ursus View Post
I hit this after updating today and then trying to run 'Blindsided'. Just sits at "Enemy Deployment" forever. Gonna submit bug report on it.
It hangs on all of the Nightfall games. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling, no luck. Let it sit overnight, still stuck on Enemy Deployment.

I would like to try totally uninstalling the game and starting from scratch. I followed the steam instructions, but it still remembers my achievements and how far along I am in Nightfall. How do I TOTALLY uninstall everything so that it acts as if I have never played the game before?
Old 10-20-2017, 09:25 PM   #8
GranitePenguin
Ogre Line Editor

Quote:
I would like to try totally uninstalling the game and starting from scratch. I followed the steam instructions, but it still remembers my achievements and how far along I am in Nightfall. How do I TOTALLY uninstall everything so that it acts as if I have never played the game before?
You can't. The Achievements are stored on Steam, not your local system. The Nightfall progress is part of Steam cloud syncing, I think. That can be disabled, IIRC.
Old 10-21-2017, 12:31 AM   #9
GuyMacon

Quote:
It hangs on all of the Nightfall games. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling, no luck. Let it sit overnight, still stuck on Enemy Deployment.
If I restart the game and play the first tutorial level, it goes back to starting normally on the Nightfall levels. Just restarting doesn't clear the problem.
Old 10-21-2017, 08:15 AM   #10
Ursus

Quote:
If I restart the game and play the first tutorial level, it goes back to starting normally on the Nightfall levels. Just restarting doesn't clear the problem.
Confirm this works for me also.