Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Roleplaying in General

Old 02-22-2009, 03:10 PM   #121
Luke Bunyip

Default Re: Real-Life Weirdness

More in my apparant aquatic theme:
The Blue Hole

Maybe just odd, rather than weird. Now, if you put a Cthulhu mythos beastie down one of these...
Old 02-22-2009, 04:07 PM   #122
Kale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Bunyip
More in my apparant aquatic theme:
The Blue Hole

Maybe just odd, rather than weird. Now, if you put a Cthulhu mythos beastie down one of these...
They do look pretty creepy... Thanks for the link!
Kale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 11:00 PM   #123
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantric
Not as good as the time I went to an impromptu concert in a hanger and was given beer, spaghetti and pot. That incident actually restored my faith in communism. (I was disillusioned after being banned from RevolutionaryLeft.com for calling one of the moderators a "marxasaurus") Too bad the music was noise.
Sounds like the parking lot of a Grateful Dead show. I was lucky enough to catch a Jerry Garcia show in the early 90's--what an experience.
Old 02-22-2009, 11:44 PM   #124
Rabiddave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Running Wolf
I love that some freaks are saying it is the Bimini Road. Wow the Ancient Greeks knew about Atlantis but somehow it was not volcanic and they forgot to go a hundred miles to the west and discover the Americas.

I am pretty sure that the Greeks gave a fairly detailed description of where to look for it.
Here's a bit of craziness... The greek herodotus learned about atlantis from the egyptians...take a look at this (third section). Egyptian-american drug trade with atlantean dealers maybe? :o (gasp!)

The funniest part is the reference to the african swallows (for you monte python fans out there). tell me THAT'S not a sound theory [ahem. sarcasm]...

Last edited by Rabiddave; 02-22-2009 at 11:49 PM.
Rabiddave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 01:59 PM   #125
William

Picasso apparently did illustrations for a set of poems called Songs of the Dead. He elected to "illustrate" the book with striking, scarlet calligraphy of what aren't exactly letters. Sample image here.

Your modern-day Fortean campaign ought to be able to run with that if you need a bit of public weirdness...
William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 11:43 PM   #126
Running Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabiddave
Here's a bit of craziness... The greek herodotus learned about atlantis from the egyptians...take a look at this (third section). Egyptian-american drug trade with atlantean dealers maybe? :o (gasp!)

The funniest part is the reference to the african swallows (for you monte python fans out there). tell me THAT'S not a sound theory [ahem. sarcasm]...

There is no proof for the cross cultural contamination. With urinalysis there is a 30%+ failure rate. I am chalking it up to either false positives, conamintation or just sloppy science.

Back in the day cocaine was non-regulated and more widely used than at a 1970's disco! You could also smoke cigarettes in a museum. Unless you can rule those two sources of contamination out I will not be convinced.

In a urinalysis (guess the same for other tests) you are basically looking for breakdown chemicals and not the real chemicals in the bodily fluids.
Running Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 11:45 PM   #127
Running Wolf

How about this one... in 1947 a nuclear test sensor (with foil radar reflector) attached to a weather balloon crashed in the New Mexico desert and 52 years some people are making money off of it by saying it was a UFO!

(Actually it was a first attempt at a Soivet orbital rocket that crashed).
Old 03-09-2009, 09:55 AM   #128
William

Tennessee's "Little Houdini" is just a con man with a knack for making an escape, but his life story and the dramatic 2007 break where he made across the state under a five-day manhunt to see his dying mother does make for nice character color in an NPC.
Old 03-09-2009, 04:10 PM   #129
Running Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by William
Tennessee's "Little Houdini" is just a con man with a knack for making an escape, but his life story and the dramatic 2007 break where he made across the state under a five-day manhunt to see his dying mother does make for nice character color in an NPC.

That is crazy! would be a nice red herring in the middle of a campaign!
Old 03-21-2009, 10:05 AM   #130
William

Lionel Ziprin (google his obit; died recently) would make a colorful character in a modern occult game, especially In Nomine. He definitely seems to be one of the good guys.

Hippie, mystic, poet, kabbalist, peyote dabbler, institution of the East Village. "...one of the great white magicians of the era." -- Janine Vega. "...one of the big secret heroes of the time." -- Ira Cohen. He was overanesthetized during tonsil surgery as a child, and emerged from a 10-day coma with St. Vitus' Dance, epilepsy, fits of laughter, and hallucinations. Had visions, conversed with the spirit world.

Would hold forth for hours on magic, "interplanetary rhythms," angels, apparitions, Jewish history. Wrote "Sentential Metaphrastic," a 785-page poem that begins "We are not after all intended to be consumed." Also wrote "Math Glass," "What This Abacus Was," "Book of Logic." His poetry thus seems to be a direct challenge to the claims of those dark beings who, well, regard humanity as something to be consumed and logic as a mere hindrance.

Tags
blueberry muffin, fermi paradox