Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 03-16-2020, 03:11 AM   #71
hal

Default Re: Playing GURPS with Fantasy Grounds

For what it is worth, having the equipment sub categories separate out like they do now makes it worth my while to create an OLD WEST module and maybe someday running a GURPS OLD WEST campaign.

I've got the 1880 Census in PDF format, which means i can run through it state by state, county by county, to get a listing of towns and populations (including territories by the way). Not sure if anyone would find that useful - but now that I have my GURPS ADVENTURE GUNS data file for use with GURPS CHARACTER ASSISTANT, it shouldn't be too hard to create ALL of the equipment lists that one could find in various OLD WEST game supplements.

Thanks again for the hard work you and others have been putting into this.
hal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2020, 06:12 PM   #72
Ronnke

Quote:
Originally Posted by hal View Post
Thanks! It's a labour of love and I'm glad others see utility in it. :)
Old 03-17-2020, 10:11 AM   #73
maximara
On Notice

Quote:
Originally Posted by hal View Post
For what it is worth, having the equipment sub categories separate out like they do now makes it worth my while to create an OLD WEST module and maybe someday running a GURPS OLD WEST campaign.

I've got the 1880 Census in PDF format, which means i can run through it state by state, county by county, to get a listing of towns and populations (including territories by the way). Not sure if anyone would find that useful - but now that I have my GURPS ADVENTURE GUNS data file for use with GURPS CHARACTER ASSISTANT, it shouldn't be too hard to create ALL of the equipment lists that one could find in various OLD WEST game supplements.

As I mentioned elsewhere I brought Curtis Handsaker (Z09SS)'s conversions of 3e weapons to 4e to the GURPSwiki with some reformatting to make them more useful

* Weapons of GURPS Old West (1830 to 1917)
* Weapons of World War I (1870 to 1918)
Help make a digital reference for GURPS by coming to the GURPS wiki and provide some information and links (such as to various Fanmade 4e Bestiaries) . Please, provide more then just a title and a page number.

Last edited by maximara; 04-17-2020 at 07:06 PM.
maximara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 05:39 PM   #74
Ronnke

I have uploaded a new ruleset update. Check the forum for details: http://bit.ly/GURPSCoreForum or download direct from the link below.

GURPS 4E Core Ruleset
Download latest release from here: http://bit.ly/GURPS4ECore
(Updated: 22th Mar 2020)

- Added: Half Move and Dodge check box to character sheet and tracker. (Clear and re-insert characters to Combat Tracker if experiencing problems)
- Added: Added ability for items to have multiple simultaneous types. eg Melee Weapon and Ranged Weapon.
- Added: Added missing skill types for abilities (HT/E, HT/A, HT/H, HT/VH).
- Fixed: Bug with auto-fill of combat stats when some items were dropped onto a character sheet.
Old 04-17-2020, 02:33 AM   #75
Magic_Octopus

Thank you Ronnke for all the work you do! I've had a lot of fun with my group on Fantasy Grounds. Especially in these trying times, this has enabled me to keep at least one hobby alive.

With the dwindling sales of RPG books and PDFs, I think this would be a great opportunity to move into the digital realm full monty. Having a commercial Dungeon Fantasy RPG extension and modules for these online platforms would be very beneficial to the GURPS world.
Magic_Octopus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2020, 05:12 AM   #76
Ronnke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic_Octopus View Post
Thank you Ronnke for all the work you do! I've had a lot of fun with my group on Fantasy Grounds. Especially in these trying times, this has enabled me to keep at least one hobby alive.

With the dwindling sales of RPG books and PDFs, I think this would be a great opportunity to move into the digital realm full monty. Having a commercial Dungeon Fantasy RPG extension and modules for these online platforms would be very beneficial to the GURPS world.
Thanks! I'm glad people have been able to move their face to face games online and continue the role roleplaying fun.

Going online with my personal games has had an unexpected benefit. Friends which are ordinarily not able to make may face to face games, have been able to join my online games. I've even introduced a friend completely new to RPGs. Sadly, once things return to normal, those new players won't be able to continue face to face. :(

As for commercial material, I can't see anything happening in the near future, but longer term - maybe?! It might be an avenue for third party publishers producing content under license. There is also no reason the GURPS community can't produce and distribute adventure modules, as long as they are free and don't use copyrighted material.
Old 07-08-2020, 04:06 PM   #77
arandathor

A big shout out to you Ronnke and others on this venture. I recently joined FGU and I've been enjoying the fruits of your labour. Good on ya.

I hope SJG will open up the avenue to making its products fully supported/accessible with the FGU interface, but you have certainly carved a path towards that goal.

Cheers,
arandathor aka Padre Moto on FGU
arandathor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 07:41 PM   #78
Ronnke

Quote:
Originally Posted by arandathor View Post
A big shout out to you Ronnke and others on this venture. I recently joined FGU and I've been enjoying the fruits of your labour. Good on ya.

I hope SJG will open up the avenue to making its products fully supported/accessible with the FGU interface, but you have certainly carved a path towards that goal.

Cheers,
arandathor aka Padre Moto on FGU
Thanks. :)

Tags
virtual tabletop, virtual tabletops