Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin 101

Old 10-09-2013, 07:10 PM   #1
akaLuckEye

Default Card Questions

Hello!
Have some newcomer questions.

1. The FAQ say that if a combat is reset the one-shot cards will go back to the owners hand.
Quote:
Q. When does a card move from play to discard? For example, if I use a one-shot Item during combat, is it in play during the entire combat or does it immediately move to the discards?
A. The one-shot card does not move to the discards until the battle is over. However, you no longer "own" that card, unless someone plays something to reboot the combat and return all cards to their owners, in which case you resume ownership.
What counts as reset cards? Is Out to Lunch one of them? And is it only one-shot card that go back to the owners hand or do cards like Illusion and wandering monster count too?

Cheers LuckyMunchkin

2. If I have the Chicken on your head curse on me but no headgear and I get the curse Lose the headgear you are wearing on me, will I lose the chicken or do I have to have a headgear on to lose it with the curse?

3. If you don't succeed to run away from King Tut do you still lose 2 lvl or will you just lose 2 lvl if you succeed to escape?

4. If I use the Cleric power Resurrection and take a card from the discard pile instead of kicking up a door, can I after that loot the room or look for trouble?
akaLuckEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 07:45 PM   #2
Clipper

Default Re: Card Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by akaLuckEye View Post
Hello!
Have some newcomer questions.

1. The FAQ say that if a combat is reset the one-shot cards will go back to the owners hand.

What counts as reset cards? Is Out to Lunch one of them? And is it only one-shot card that go back to the owners hand or do cards like Illusion and wandering monster count too?
This specifically refers to cards that clearly state that played cards return to their owners' hands. Out to Lunch does not state this. . . . Of Love from Munchkin 7: Cheat With Both Hands would be one card which counts for this FAQ entry.

Quote:
2. If I have the Chicken on your head curse on me but no headgear and I get the curse Lose the headgear you are wearing on me, will I lose the chicken or do I have to have a headgear on to lose it with the curse?
Yes, you lose the Headgear. A post which contains that official ruling is here.

Quote:
3. If you don't succeed to run away from King Tut do you still lose 2 lvl or will you just lose 2 lvl if you succeed to escape?
Yes, you lose the levels in addition to taking his Bad Stuff.

Quote:
4. If I use the Cleric power Resurrection and take a card from the discard pile instead of kicking up a door, can I after that loot the room or look for trouble?
You treat the resurrected card as if you drew it, so if it is a monster, you must fight it and you don't get to Loot the Room nor Look for Trouble. If it was not a monster, you could do either, of course.
Old 10-10-2013, 10:18 AM   #3
akaLuckEye

Default Re: Card Questions

Thank you. =)
akaLuckEye is offline   Reply With Quote