Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old Today, 09:16 AM   #1801
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: (IC) Lost In Dreams [Peter]

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_matrix_walker View Post
"Okay, but these are cases you worked, so the FBI has some records? How long ago were they? I travel in my dreams, so if she did the same, I don't think she could have died offworld... Did they say they dreamed of places before going there? Did they go to more than one place? Did they say anything about the worlds?"
Detective Barnes: "The FBI has some records. These are very confidential. I wrote most of them, and I've read all of them many times."
"I don't know what to think of these worlds. My evidence for the worlds is limited to their words, your words, and knowing that they actually do disappear. They described the worlds in great detail. Yes, they would dream of the worlds before going there. Yes, they each described a different world each time"

Quote:
"I'm sorry... You didn't share the video of him vanishing, because he thought another part of the government was looking for him? I'm confused... I would think that would be a given once they knew this stuff was real. Are you like, 'The Truth Is Out There' FBI, or 'Control, Contain Delete MiB' FBI?"
"I'm a 'Protect my Charges' FBI. If another part of the government is looking for him, and it seemed like they might, they were doing it without warrants or due process. I'm a cop, not a journalist."

Quote:
((Did he just confess to withholding evidence related to a disappearance and obstruction of justice?))
That's probably a law roll, and one I don't know the answer to.

Quote:
Between Empath and Body language, is Peter picking up anything sketchy from this guy? Or Grunkle Bob for that matter?
He seems very determined to protect them (and Peter). And he seems to have no problem with secrecy.

Quote:
"So what do you suggest now? I'd like to go after these guys, maybe go home and set a trap, but I'm worried about my parents. I was tempted to wake up in the apartment or the office and look around, but getting back here would be a pain. I, like, hafta fo offworld soon too, I kinda have a job to get back to, but I can't leave my parents in danger!
Detective Barnes: "Don't engage these people. They're dangerous. We may eventually lay a trap, but not yet. I want to collect some more information on them."

"I don't think your parents are in danger. In fact, changing their schedule is likely to be more dangerous than acting like we haven't noticed anything."

Dad: "I thought you couldn't control where you go? You have a job to get back to?"

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:42 PM   #1802
the_matrix_walker

Default Re: (IC) Lost In Dreams [Peter]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Detective Barnes: "The FBI has some records. These are very confidential. I wrote most of them, and I've read all of them many times."
"I don't know what to think of these worlds. My evidence for the worlds is limited to their words, your words, and knowing that they actually do disappear. They described the worlds in great detail. Yes, they would dream of the worlds before going there. Yes, they each described a different world each time"
Peter very much would like to hear and read of these accounts of other dreamers and what they may have in common, and the worlds they've seen... Somehow, I doubt they will let him.

Quote:
"I'm a 'Protect my Charges' FBI. If another part of the government is looking for him, and it seemed like they might, they were doing it without warrants or due process. I'm a cop, not a journalist."
Peter is satisfied!
Quote:
"I don't think your parents are in danger. In fact, changing their schedule is likely to be more dangerous than acting like we haven't noticed anything."
Peter thanks the man warmly.
Quote:
Dad: "I thought you couldn't control where you go? You have a job to get back to?"
Peter has described all of his adventures (with the only real omission being his possession in the first jump which he will probably just tell them about at some point, his not telling them was kind of a "your cat is on the roof" maneuver, but they will read all about it when he finishes the book). He recounted the Emissary stuff and his level of control in post 1760 along with his crushing feelings of responsibility and a burgeoning messiah complex.

Peters parents should be up to speed on his feeling the need to be the grown-up and play messenger and Emissary to try and balance the needs of three civilizations on collapsing worlds. He might have to solve the god's war too, he hasn't gotten to that yet...

"Okay, so what should we do?"
the_matrix_walker is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
lost in dreams