Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Old 12-22-2011, 01:25 AM   #421
thedag

Default Re: Member House Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikkulahti View Post
The phrase "If someone asks my card amount i'll hit him with a curse" is very familiar.
although if you are the lowest level player you probably don't care. Or just become a thief and then you really won't care!

once I drew a curse that allowed other players to play a curse on me and draw a replacement card. i had nothing but curses in my hand so i played 2 curses on the two people who cursed me (well 3 on one person but they had a wishing ring!)
thedag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 07:30 AM   #422
Neogen

The House Rules we have is you can trade any cards in your hands with whatever you want (Or are offered) from someone, no just ones in play.
Also we have a few with Munchkinomicon.
I kinda thought the Munchkinomicon be too chaotic, so I made a few house rules for it to makes it more like a fun gameplay mechanic (Like Fairy Dust) rather than something essential.
First, you don't get a spell every turn. Rather you only get a spell when you capture the book. That seems a little less broken.
Also I've taken out some of the ways you can acquire it.
You can either,
A. Steal it by Cursing Someone.
B. Dying and Reviving.
and
C. Pitching Three Cards

Getting the Spells only once while it's in your possession makes it more like an item (+5) and less like something you want to hold onto for your own benefit.
Neogen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 09:24 PM   #423
thedag

Default Re: Customised Munchkin Booty Rules: Human vs. Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zachary1234 View Post
Have at Thee [new phase, occurs before Kick Open the Door]:

Before attempting to draw a monster card from the door deck or choosing to play a monster from hand for combat [Kick Open the Door], you may choose to combat another human player character instead. Combat occurs normaly, except that obviously there is no 'bad stuff' consequences, no stipulated treasure reward etc. Furthermore, if one successfully kills a human character player, one does not receive a +1 level update for your own character. This player combat cannot occur unless both primary players agree; if not, then proceed to Kick Open the Door; if so, skip past Kick Open the Door and Loot the Room. Combat collaboration with third or further parties here works as per normal. Human player characters are not treated as monsters.
Sorry a bit confused. what is the benefit of doing this?
thedag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 10:43 PM   #424
Zachary1234

So you can have some sort of option engaging other human players in combat, as well as the monsters. That's all! :)
Zachary1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 06:03 AM   #425
Brf

Quote:
So you can have some sort of option engaging other human players in combat, as well as the monsters. That's all! :)
But if there is no gain to it, then why would you want to do it? There are no rewards or penalties, so it would have no effect on the game whatsoever.
Brf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 05:03 PM   #426
Zachary1234

The benefit of this system is that you can "kill" other human players in terms of that game term, forcing a much higher player to loose their item bonuses down to zero.

Last edited by Andrew Hackard; 01-05-2012 at 06:12 PM. Reason: removed bold
Old 01-05-2012, 06:14 PM   #427
Brf

Quote:
The benefit of this system is that you can "kill" other human players in terms of that game term, forcing a much higher player to loose their item bonuses down to zero.
Kill? How would you kill them when there is no "bad stuff"?
Old 01-05-2012, 07:04 PM   #428
Zachary1234

Quote:
Kill? How would you kill them when there is no "bad stuff"?
Quite easily. There are certain monsters that facilitate human player, "munchkin" Death, being an existant game term from the official rules.

You just have two human players compare combat totals, with the lower one
succumbing to Death as already defined.
Old 01-05-2012, 08:20 PM   #429
Brf

Ah. So the loser automatically dies, without a chance to run away.

Well. I do not see myself ever agreeing to be challenged as such. In any case, it should be easy to count the combat strength on the table, and see if there are any treasures that might be one-shots in the challenger's hand. There would not be much of a surprise at who the winner would be,
Old 01-05-2012, 10:07 PM   #430
Zachary1234

That's the whole idea of this player combat system:

-both have to agree beforehand, otherwise human/human combat doesn't happen, and the normal rules kick in.
-there isn't any running away
-you're not allowed to see the opponent's hand, so you won't know what one shot bonuses they might have.

Though I should probably allow the change to run away and modify the D6 roll, since death is so drastic.

Is there anyone out there who can name a Munchkin Booty card that does allow one to examine an opponent's hand?

Last edited by Zachary1234; 01-05-2012 at 10:12 PM.

Tags
combining different, doors, dummy hand, epic, extras, funny, gambling, gameplay, house rules, multi-deck, munchkin, munchkin zombies, new way to play, rules, rules variant, team, teams, two player, zombie dice