Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Roleplaying in General

Old 02-07-2014, 12:24 AM   #41
Kol

Default Re: The World of Dreams

oddly I don't dream often.
Mine have to do with twisted history and mad science.

One creature that popped up was the Masked Doctor, he's not evil, more of a creepy psychologist and healer with a white mask, and a white Victorian lab coat.
Sort of a Good Guy mad scientist.
Kol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 12:19 PM   #42
Gold & Appel Inc

Flight: I just do the breast stroke, back stroke, or dog-paddle (varies by dream) and it works. I have this one kind of a lot, which I'm told is associated with a positive self-image, which I guess the people who know me would probably back up..

Location: The Glass Dormitory. Just like my college, only all surfaces are transparent. Everybody can see everybody else and voyeurism is rampant, but it's a collegiate type setting and nobody really cares unless you commit serious crimes. The setting of a very wide variety of my dreams, from positive memories to trying to hide a murder, for some reason.
Gold & Appel Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 09:56 PM   #43
tshiggins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gold & Appel Inc View Post
Flight: I just do the breast stroke, back stroke, or dog-paddle (varies by dream) and it works. I have this one kind of a lot, which I'm told is associated with a positive self-image, which I guess the people who know me would probably back up..

Location: The Glass Dormitory. Just like my college, only all surfaces are transparent. Everybody can see everybody else and voyeurism is rampant, but it's a collegiate type setting and nobody really cares unless you commit serious crimes. The setting of a very wide variety of my dreams, from positive memories to trying to hide a murder, for some reason.
You and I have similar minds, man. I've had the dream of ebony-winged flight a few times, but the one I remember most was one in which I flew into a college dormitory in the early morning. The windows were impossibly tall French windows, as were the ceilings, and all the students were sleeping, together, as I flew above them.

But there was no one, for me.

Then, I flew out of the other side of the dorm, and soared high into the beautiful blue-white sky, until I saw a woman standing on the top of a hill, below, beneath a tree. I flew down, and I saw her face shift and flow into the faces of the women I've loved. When I landed, my wings disappeared and I knew they would never return, as long as I stayed with her.

The only thing I could think was, "Why doesn't she fly, too?"

Then, I woke up.

More than 15 years later, I remember that dream as clearly as if I'd just woken from it. It's one of about six "crystal-clear dreams" (I call them), I've had in my life.

I remember them, all, equally well.
tshiggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 12:12 AM   #44
David Johnston2

An eight-foot tall green humanoid. One of it's legs has had its part of its flesh replaced with gold.

Last edited by David Johnston2; 04-18-2014 at 03:18 PM.
David Johnston2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 01:41 PM   #45
David Johnston2

A pregnant undead "dark elf" who talks about how her player really overdid it when trying to come up with an unusual character and worries about the effects of her state on the still living and soon to be born child.
Old 03-10-2014, 09:50 PM   #46
David Johnston2

A town large enough to contain thousands, but some kind of catastrophe has made everyone except about ten of them vanish.
Old 03-29-2014, 10:00 PM   #47
David Johnston2

A dragon

The high school of uncomfortable situations. You never seem to know your class schedule, your locker combination, or what material you are being tested on.

Last edited by David Johnston2; 04-25-2014 at 12:56 PM.
Old 03-31-2014, 08:58 AM   #48
Dead Monky

The turtle-bugs. I very, very rarely remember my dreams, but one which has stuck with me over the years was one in which I was an invisible, immaterial observer floating through a forest in which all my friends and family members were running away from and being killed by these weird little monsters about the size of a large dog that looked like a cross between a turtle and an insect.

Also, faceless people. Nobody ever has a face in my dreams. It creeps me out.
Old 04-18-2014, 12:49 PM   #49
David Johnston2

The vampire machine. A mysterious device which has a set of prehensile transparent tubes that can reach out like tentacles, attach to exposed skin and without inflicting more than a bruise give you a speedy complete blood exchange...or just suck it all out.

An e-reader that has warped the way a paper back does after being immersed in water and allowed to dry out. Strangely, it still works.
Old 04-19-2014, 12:54 PM   #50
David Johnston2

The Men In Red, White and Blue: They come to take you away if you know too much, but they aren't dressed in black. Still everyone else always seems to just happen to be looking in another direction when they are around.

Last edited by David Johnston2; 04-19-2014 at 06:18 PM.

Tags
dream