Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 07-27-2015, 07:51 PM   #11
WolfInSheepsClothing

Default Re: [OOC] Kept 4 Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nenette View Post
Hi everyone, I'm the wife.

My character is a French native enrolled in the US Army, Viking re-enactment enthusiast and was visiting the Ren Fest when "sh*t hit the fan". I was dressed as a Norse peasant with a short sword. That attire involves a very long linen dress and apron overdress. Not convenient at all to run from zombies. Realistically I would snatch some britches or leggings from one of the ren-fest store ASAP. What does the GM say ?

I was there with friends and I guess they probably all died during the outbreak.
The viking clothes are fine, it's more fun that way. Your lame friends are infected.

I will post your character sheet, but what is your name?
WolfInSheepsClothing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 08:32 PM   #12
LemmingLord

Hi!

Maybe there were far slower far more panicky types that were eaten first, giving us cooler minded individuals our escape chance.
Old 07-27-2015, 11:15 PM   #13
LemmingLord

Delton "Diana" Hayes

32 year old successful jeweler and drag queen.

Physical fitness nut for grace, toning and amazing legs.

Loves the high elegance costuming and adornments of the ren fair.

St 12 Dx 12 Iq 11 Ht 11 [90]
Hp 12 Wi 12 Pe 11 Fa 12 [8]
Basic Speed 6.0 [5]
Move 7.0 [5]

Advantages [43]
Charisma 1, Fit, Beautiful as Woman, Manual Dexterity 1, Serendipity 1, Signature Gear 1 (Louis Vuitton Purse, Tazer, Female Kit )

Perks
Amazing Legs [1]

Disadvantages
Greed [-15]
Selfish [-5]
Chummy [-5]
Sense of Duty Friends and Companions [-5]

Quirks
Likes things orderly [-1]
Likes dressing as a lady [-1]
Committed to "progress" and "civilization"[-1]
Early morning jogger and health nut[-1]
Tries to project a crisp, bussinesslike manner.[-1]

skills (32)
Area Knowledges (Department Stores) [1] 11, Brawling DX [4] 14 , Current Affairs (politics) [1/2] 10, Current Affairs (local big city) [1] 10, Fencing [1] 11, Judo [4] 12, Diplomacy [1] 10, Merchant [2] 12, Leadership [1] 11, Performance [2] 12, Savoir Faire (high society)[1] 12, Savoir Faire (SCA) [1/2] 11, jeweler [2] 12, mimicry(human) [2] 11, sewing [1] 11, leather working [1] 11, makeup [2] 13, running [2] 11, dancing [1] 12, singing [1] 11, stealth [2] 12

Last edited by LemmingLord; 08-14-2015 at 05:24 PM.
LemmingLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 10:52 AM   #14
WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemmingLord View Post
Delton "Diana" Hayes

St 12 Dx 12 Iq 11 Ht 11 [90]
Hp 12 Wi 12 Pe 11 Fa 12 [5]
Basic Speed 6.0 [5]
Move 7.0 [5]

Charisma 1, Fit, Beautiful as Woman, Manual Dexterity 1 [27]

Amazing Legs [1]

Area Knowledges?, Brawling, Current Affairs (politics), Current Affairs (local big city), Fencing, Judo, Diplomacy, Merchant, Performance, Savoir Faire (high society), Savoir Faire (SCA), jeweler, mimicry(human), sewing, leather working, makeup, running, dancing, singing
For bookkeeping purposes:

Will 12 costs [5] with IQ 11, and FP 12 costs [3], for a total cost of [8].

However, you can have Charisma 2 for the same price you paid for Charisma 1, to reflect the relative encounter rate of survivors vs. infected.

Likewise, Sav Fair (hi soc) and Diplomacy can be purchased at half price.

If it fits your character concept, have Courtesy Rank (Ren Queen) for free. It will likely never translate into any game effects, but who knows, maybe you all will rebuild civilization in the ren-fair's image!
Old 07-28-2015, 11:24 AM   #15
WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nenette View Post
Hi everyone, I'm the wife.

My character is a French native enrolled in the US Army, Viking re-enactment enthusiast and was visiting the Ren Fest when "sh*t hit the fan". I was dressed as a Norse peasant with a short sword. That attire involves a very long linen dress and apron overdress. Not convenient at all to run from zombies. Realistically I would snatch some britches or leggings from one of the ren-fest store ASAP. What does the GM say ?

I was there with friends and I guess they probably all died during the outbreak.
It occurred to me just now that we didn't buy you any rank. How about you are former military? It would be simpler :D

Brigitte Monique Anqetil

34 yrs old, 5'8" Blonde

ST 11 DX 13 IQ 11 HT 11 [100]
HP 11 Wi 11 Pe 11 Fa 11 [0]
Basic Speed 6.0 [0]
Move 6 [0]

Combat Reflexes, Fit, High Pain Threshold;
Honesty(12), Sense of Duty(Comrades);

Languages: French(Native), English(Accented);

Hiking(11), First Aid(12), Camouflage(11), Tracking(10), Sav-Faire(Military, 12, halfpriced), Elec. Op.(Comms, 10), Tactics(11), Shortsword(13), Gunner(13), Brawling(14), Guns(Rifle, 17);

Equipment: Viking Outfit, Viking satchel (mechanically a backpack), 20 oz bottle of water;

Last edited by WolfInSheepsClothing; 08-01-2015 at 02:54 PM. Reason: Fixing error, and removing drunken rant about Jews contaminating the soil.
Old 07-29-2015, 12:37 AM   #16
Poonbahbah

What books are you using/should we be using? I realize there are some things from high tech, dungeon fantasy, and martial arts I'd like to use.

Brigitte should have [5] in Basic Speed to bring it up to 6.00 and her stats should only cost [80] not [100]. I also find it nice to have all the points labeled for book keeping proposes

First draft of Tim Roberts Knight Errant
The biggest problem I see is that anything that can hurt him will likely splat anyone else until we can get them well equipped too. And I'm not sure if zombies are smart enough to pull off his armor, though that might happen if let to their own devices for long enough after they overwhelm him. He is very slow without his trusty stead Bluejay. And kitted out as he is he can't really carry much in the way of mundane supplies.

All critiques, questions, and error pointing outing welcome.

Timothy Roberts:
Player: Poonbahbah
Ht: 6’ 3”
Wt: 222 lbs
Size Modifier: 0
Point Total: 150 Breakdown: Attributes 90 Sec. Attr. 0 Lang/culture 0 Adv/perks 56 Disadv/quirks -40 Skill 43 unspent 1

[90]
Attributes
ST: 17 [70]
DX: 10 [0]
IQ: 10 [0]
HT: 12 [20]

Secondary Attributes
HP: 10 [0]
Will: 10 [0]
Per: 10 [0]
FP: 10 [0]

Basic Lift: 58 lbs
Damage thrust: d+2, swing 3d-1
Basic Speed: 5.50 [0]
Move: 5 [0]

Social Background
TL: 8
Cultural Familiarity: Western
Languages: English (Native/Native)

[53]
Advantages
Combat Reflexes [15]
Less Sleep 4 [8]
Weapon Master [30] Knightly Weapons: broadsword, mace, shield, and lance
Signature Gear [3] Bluejay (the horse,) Armor, Barding and Equestrain gear, Sword, Sheild, and Bow. Total comes to something over 20,000 currently

Perks

[-40]
Disadvantages
Honesty [-10]
Sense of Duty [-15] (Humanity)
Pacifisim [-15] (Self Defense Only)

Quirks

[43]
Skills
Acrobatics (H) DX-2 [1]-8
Axe/Mace (A)
Animal Handling (Equines) (A) IQ [2]-10
Armoury (A)
Body Armor IQ-1 [1]-9
Melee Weapons IQ-1 [1]-9
Bow (A) DX-1 [1]-9
Brawling (E) DX [1]-10
Broadsword (A) DX+2 [8]-12
Computer Op (E) IQ [1]-10
Drving (A)
Heavy Wheeled DX-1 [1]-9 (Tends to drive a Motorhome.)
Fast Draw (E)
Sword DX+1 [1]-11
First Aid (E) IQ [1]-10
Gesture (E) IQ [1]-10
House Keeping (E) IQ [1]-10
Lance DX+2 [8]-12
Riding (Horse) (A) DX+2 [8]-12
Shield (E)
Shield DX+2 [4]-12 As opposed to buckler
Stealth (A) DX-1 [1]-9
Wrestling (A) DX-1 [1]-9

Amour
Sollerets 8 150 3
Heavy Gauntlets 10 250 2.5
Greathelm 14 340 10
Heavy Plate Arms 14 1,500 20
Heavy Plate Legs 14 1,600 25
Heavy Steel Corselet 14 2,300 45
Large Shield 1260 18.75 Fine and balanced for +13CF and 3/4 weight and +1 to skill. Pulled from Dungeon Fantasy and Martial Arts books

Weapons
Broad Sword 4000 3 Very Fine and balanced for a total of +7CF and +2 to damage, +1 to skill, and harder to break. Pulled from Basic and MA
Long Bow Fine and balanced for +7CF and harder to break and +1 to ACC. Pulled from Basic and MA

Equipment
Heavy Warhouse 5000*1.3 for +30% base St=6500
War Saddle 250 35 +1 to stay seated 50% chance to stay seated even if unconcious.
Bit and Bridle 35 3 +2/3 to control mount with 1/2 hands,
Horseshoes 50 4 +2 to any HT rolls for stamina on long rides
Plate Face Mask 10 200 12
Plate Head/Neck 10 330 18
Plate Barding 10 1650 90
Plate Leggings 10 400 20
2915 182

According to High Tech P.65 at TL 5+ Metal armor can be same price/weight and *2 DR or 1/2 price/weight and normal DR. If you want you can say it doesn't apply of course.
Sollerets 8 150 3
Heavy Gauntlets 10 250 2.5
Greathelm 14 340 10
Heavy Plate Arms 14 1,500 20
Heavy Plate Legs 14 1,600 25
Heavy Steel Corselet 14 2,300 45
Large Shield 1260 18.75 Fine and balanced for +13CF and 3/4 weight and +1 to skill. Pulled from Dungeon Fantasy and Martial Arts books
Broad Sword 4000 3 Very Fine and balanced for a total of +7CF and +2 to damage, +1 to skill, and harder to break. Pulled from Basic and MA
Long Bow 1600 3 Fine and balanced for +7CF and harder to break and +1 to ACC. Pulled from Basic and MA
13000 130.25

Combat Load:

Travel Load:

Encumbrance:Combat load - x lbs (Medium -2 move)

Travel Load - x lbs (none -0 move)

Offense

Defenses
Dodge- 9-2+3 with shield
Parry (Broadsword) – 10+3 with shield
Block 10+3 with shield

Back Story:

Appearance

Heavy Warhorse (Bluejay)
ST 31; DX 9; IQ 3; HT 12.
Will 11; Per 12; Speed 5.25; Dodge 9;
Move 7. BL 192.2
SM +1 (3 hexes); 1,900 lbs.
Traits: Combat Reflexes; Domestic
Animal; Enhanced Move 1
(Ground Speed 14); Hooves;
Peripheral Vision; Quadruped;
Weak Bite; Bad
Temper (12)
Skills: Brawling-12; Mount-13.
Cost: $6,500.
Old 07-29-2015, 10:33 AM   #17
Nenette

Wow, I am a little scared by all the knowledge here. Well, by my lack of it to be exact. I guess I will let you guys start and try to follow as best as I can.

It's going to be fun, I really like that RenFest setting.
Nenette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 11:55 AM   #18
Poonbahbah

I'm sure you'll do fine. If you have questions ask. One of the nice things about pbp is that looking up rules doesn't really bog down play.

So Wolf I take it you've decided we'll be starting at the Renfest? Are we starting from when it first breaks out or more as we "crowd together, barricaded down for the night, asking each other the inevitable, "Well, what do we do now?"" So that we start the the game proper the second day of the zombie apocalypse or something else entirely? Looking back at the OP it looks like it wont be the very first few days. Or at least gives us an idea of what we can expect down the line; bloaters, screamers, and witches oh my! If it's the very first day and I'm geared up for the Renfest then my gear is pretty much done, if it's not than I'll want to be adding some additional gear.

If she is low ranking she probably doesn't qualify for the rank advantage. Just the fact she's military could be handy if we meet intact military though. At 34 she is young enough that she could of still recently joined the military I believe. Though I will add I don't think, from a realistic standpoint if that matters in a zombie game, as a foreign national she could hold an occupation requiring top secret clearance like I imagine intelligence would. She would be stuck with less sensitive jobs. Like a mechanic, chef, or phlebotomist.
Old 07-29-2015, 06:00 PM   #19
WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poonbahbah View Post
What books are you using/should we be using? I realize there are some things from high tech, dungeon fantasy, and martial arts I'd like to use.

Brigitte should have [5] in Basic Speed to bring it up to 6.00 and her stats should only cost [80] not [100]. I also find it nice to have all the points labeled for book keeping proposes
Any books are fine. Since it is PBP, there is plenty of time for us to go flipping through the libraries :)

Also, for Brigitte, the point costs are actually correct, it is the values that are wrong :D
When I copy pasted, I apparently only changed the costs on the first line.

I shall repost.
Old 07-29-2015, 06:48 PM   #20
WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote:
I'm sure you'll do fine. If you have questions ask. One of the nice things about pbp is that looking up rules doesn't really bog down play.

So Wolf I take it you've decided we'll be starting at the Renfest? Are we starting from when it first breaks out or more as we "crowd together, barricaded down for the night, asking each other the inevitable, "Well, what do we do now?"" So that we start the the game proper the second day of the zombie apocalypse or something else entirely? Looking back at the OP it looks like it wont be the very first few days. Or at least gives us an idea of what we can expect down the line; bloaters, screamers, and witches oh my! If it's the very first day and I'm geared up for the Renfest then my gear is pretty much done, if it's not than I'll want to be adding some additional gear.
I believe the full outbreak has been raging for atleast 2 weeks, but was labeled as rioting and terror attacks at first by media. Most people didn't pay attention until the infection was knocking at their doors.

The renny survivors have been trapped inside the fest for about 4-5 days, holed-up in a shipping container used as storage for food-stuffs. Sanitation is becoming a real issue, so it is time to make at least recon a route out of the fest.

"Surely if we can just get out of the fairgrounds, we will be fine."

Quote:
If she is low ranking she probably doesn't qualify for the rank advantage. Just the fact she's military could be handy if we meet intact military though. At 34 she is young enough that she could of still recently joined the military I believe. Though I will add I don't think, from a realistic standpoint if that matters in a zombie game, as a foreign national she could hold an occupation requiring top secret clearance like I imagine intelligence would. She would be stuck with less sensitive jobs. Like a mechanic, chef, or phlebotomist.
Yeah, she is going to have to make a decision regarding her career. She could be a French soldier, assigned to UN, on some obscure mission in the US... or even here for training.

Or just drop the intel job, stay with the US Army and accept some other MOS. This option carries the complication that she will be "policed-up" if you all find a military unit.

Tags
gurps, l4d, survival, zombies