Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > In Nomine

Old 10-17-2005, 12:52 AM   #11
sjard
Stick in the Mud

Default Re: Image Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by William
No wonder there are real mountain-worship religions in the world.

Had I a decent digital camera I'd step outside (well in the morning when the sun is up and you can see it) and take a shot of the nearly thousand foot stepped cliff about four miles away from my house. I've lived withing a stones throw from some very pretty 10,000+ elevation mountians most of my life. It makes me a bit nervous not to see them in the distance any way I look.
MIB #1457
sjard is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005, 01:47 PM   #12
Archangel Beth
In Nomine Line Editor

Though some of the links are broken (temporarily, I hope), there are some art bits at http://www.io.com/~arcangel/GamingWa.../SSOLinks.html .
Old 11-30-2005, 05:58 PM   #13
William

Endless circles

Fun people

Love, friendship, and disco

Direct quote from the article, headlined "Heaven on Wheels," that accompanied these pictures:

"To Ms. Ferrari and her brethren, the Roxy is their church, a hallowed space that brings together like-minded souls who believe in skating's redemptive power. She and others describe the circular movement, the music and the laid-back atmosphere as meditative, even spiritual."

...if that doesn't scream TETHER! to you, you don't play In Nomine. ^_^

the Roxy
Moderate Tether (Creation)
Forces: 5
Capacity: 27 Forces at a time
Essence flow: 1 per 4 minutes
Locus: skate floor
Influence: mild (humans within Tether feel urge to move expressively: skate, dance, and the like)
Features: Quiet, Inelastic

Word-Bound Seneschal: Rox, Ofanite of Creation

The Roxy is the last roller rink in New York. Once famous, it is less frequented by celebrities these days but is much beloved by its clientele and is in no danger of going out of business. It outlasted Studio 54 and the wave of seedy clubs that tried to join it, and is still going strong.

On a night that's not too busy, Rox can be found floating merrily in the smoke above the floor, gently rotating horizontally with the flow of humanity below. Rox doesn't have too many hectically busy nights, as attacks on the Tether come more in the form of attempts to drive him out of business than to blow the joint. Rox spends down time promoting roller skating, roller blading, and similar hobbies both to cultivate a customer base and through personal interest.

The Tether can be used in the normal fashion, and this is how transport usually occurs when the club is closed. When the club is open, Rox will usually encourage a traveler to strap on a pair of rented skates (you'll instantly be on his good side if you brought your own) and join the crowd. After a few orbits of the skate floor, the skater will slip into celestial form and up to the celestial locus, with the Tether calmly shielding the skater's celestial form from view by the human participants. (Please return rented skates as soon as possible, thank you.)
William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 09:50 AM   #14
Glamourweaver

Quote:
Originally Posted by DryaUnda
I've found a flash movie featuring a creature that greatly resembles Haagenti.
Its funny because (along with Vapula) I'm sure Haagenti would hold dominion over SUVs... I mean they're the embodiment of a selfish consumptionist culture.
Glamourweaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 03:33 PM   #15
Sagitta

The Annals of Improbable Research have discovered some fascinating things lately. This rare corporeal picture of Jordi comes from Princeton University's Art of Science competition, which also features an unusal representation of Dissonance . There's also the as-yet-untold story of the struggle between Beleth and Haagenti (okay, not an image, but it's full of imagery and plot seeds). And the Tring tiles are more than slightly disturbing.
Sagitta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 05:49 PM   #16
William

A reluctance on the part of parents to allow their children to play with Christ is also described.

...BWAHAHAHAHA! That's hilarious! Yeah, if I were a parent and the kid down the street had a habit of striking his playmates dead and then resurrecting them, I'd be a bit nervous about letting them play with the little necromancer too. . .

And the picture of dissonance is neat. I can imagine the discussions going on in Jean's lab, with a representative from Judgment handy: this would make a very typical Jeanite investigatory mission, especially if it can detect actual Dissonance (in, say, the speech of a celestial, given suitable input devices). Is it infernally-influenced? Should the inventor be recruited? This could be as handy as the Force-printer relic.
Old 06-13-2006, 11:06 PM   #17
William

From today's Daily Illuminator: the most draconic fossil I've ever seen .

Bit of the Purity Crusade's leftovers popping up on Earth, perhaps?
Old 06-30-2006, 10:17 AM   #18
William

Some people think this (a picture of Europe's largest oil refinery) is ugly. They think about the industry it represents and the pollutants it accounts for.

I acknowledge all that. Still, considered for its physical self, I think it's kind of pretty.

It's so intricate, so purposeful. It was carefully planned for a specific need, then constructed by no doubt hundreds of people over the course of months or years. Its pieces interlock and play against each other in vertical and horizontal lines, set off with cylindrical curves and wafts of steam. There's something in this image of the awe-inspiring power of man to know, and then to create in order to do.

(I'd rather work for Jean, but if there was any Demon Prince that could tempt me, it'd probably be Vapula. ;^) )
Old 07-01-2006, 02:13 PM   #19
Archangel Beth
In Nomine Line Editor

That reminds me of a time, as a kid driving to/in Creepus Cruddi (as the family termed Corpus Christi, for those who "know and loath it well") at night, of the... I guess they were oil refineries? The tall, tall towers, with blazing fires atop each, lighting the humidity around them... Something strange and terrible and wondrous.
Old 07-01-2006, 07:11 PM   #20
William

Oh, yes. The oil refineries at night. Lights on each floor, and the fires on top. Fairy castles, the kids in my schools called them.

Tags
pop culture