Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 07-04-2015, 11:00 AM   #291
the_matrix_walker

Default Re: Monster Hunters: Justice [IC]

"You're the one who started this, you came to me!"

>TSSSSSS< the flare sizzles into the shadow.

"Father, stop the damn car!"

If jabbing Jake with the flare seems ineffective, Marcus will pull a blade and start cutting the belts and wires to disable the car.
the_matrix_walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 07:39 AM   #292
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Jake is pretty far down in the cracks of the engine-- and able enough to evade the flare, at least while marcus has one hand on the hood.

one hand is holding the hood of the car. Where will he put the flare when he goes for the longer sword?

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!

Last edited by ericthered; 07-06-2015 at 07:55 AM.
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 08:52 AM   #293
the_matrix_walker

Spoiler:  

Marcus jabs the tip of the flare into the radiator overflow, instantly melting through the thin plastic, and resting it's tip on the metal radiator below, so he can leave it there to burn while he goes for his sword.
Old 07-06-2015, 09:00 AM   #294
Skullcrusher

Randal will work through his contacts to see if there were any recent fires where the victims suffered PTSD? He will include Firemen in that search. Perhaps one of them could be stalking their previous victims for extra snacks while they regroup.

Randal Kane - Trent Bauer
Skullcrusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 01:47 PM   #295
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Warehouse Aftermath: Randal Kane

Mr. Chua says he can get some reports on that, but it will take a while.

"We didn't send you in to scare them off, we sent you in to scout them out. I've got a new assignment for you anyways."

He pulls a sheath of papers out. "We've determined what we think is a young immortal, or an attempt at an immortal. The police have been tracking the case for some time. Its a series of rape victims all killed in the same manner -- having their head held under water. We have a strong suspect. He ranges across the western world, and has a different identity in several places. He prefers wet regions and is a confirmed mage. We believe he is either persuing immortal status or recently gained it. Unlike most immortals, he doesn't years and years of resources. We do think he has supernatural servants, but is likely to be short on mortal ones. We think this is part of his connection with wet areas."

"His name is Ross Francom. We don't know for sure if he's our correct target. One of his residences is just over the washington border. We need you to determine if he is our target. If he is, kill him. If you can't tell, capture him. "

Three Fae: Marcus Savage

The flare burns through the radiator in a second and marcus leaves in burning away in its unhelpful location. He draws his sword, takes just a moment to analyze were to hit, and slashes a moving belt. It is sliced through and flies up, hitting the hood.

The pastor honks his horn louldly.

Marcus slashes again, at a different belt, then another. The belts fly in the air, and the car begins to slow down (in got up to about 40 mph), the motor stopping its humm. The caution lights are on, and the pastor lays on the horn again. Marcus notices they are approaching a busy road -- they probably have enough speed to make it.

GM rolls:
Fast draw
Mechanic Automotive IQ -5 (default) +4 (easy task)
attack roll 23 -1 (awkward position) -5 (size) *3
Perception 16

OCC: yes, Jake is moving around in the engine, trying to stay away from marcus. He picked the spot precisely because its easy for him to pull of stunts like that. Yes, its a car. Yes, the hood goes up and down, but that still requires you to hold onto it with one hand, and anchors that hand in a weird spot-- particularly with him standing on the bumper -- you can't close it that much.

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
Old 07-07-2015, 06:38 PM   #296
the_matrix_walker

((OOC: Note that he can probably manage this with limited handholds thanks to Lizard Climbing. ))

Marcus shifts to the drivers side, of the vehicle and shouts at the priest.

"Hit the goddamn breaks!"

If the driver does not respond, Marcus will slap him, hoping to snap him out of it. If he still does not respond, Marcus will grab the wheel and try and force them to the shoulder of the road. If none of that works out, he will try and grab the guy and yank him out, hopefully jumping them free before a collision.
Old 07-08-2015, 12:33 AM   #297
Talosian

Jack nods his head absently through most of the explanation, watching a fluttering sparrow over James's shoulder. "... I just want to bring someone back for a year." Jack's facade of inhuman fae disinterest cracks slightly, memories of grisly corpses and a burning circus sending a ripple of emotion across his face before he can restore his impassive mask. "May I set limits on the favor? I wish for it to require magical talent, and have a point other than my own embarrassment. As for contacting me, will email work? or I can give you a magical item that will track me down when you need it--" "Yes, that would do quite nicely, and your conditions are acceptable," Jack grins, imagining the myriad ways he could twist the exact words of the deal - if only he could afford to squander potential help. "Well, with your assurance that this shan't become the kind of mess that might inconvenience me, I do believe I have a book to steal." He rubs his hands together, grin turning from devilish to excited. "Provide me the address and any other information you may have on Brucie or his dwelling, and I'll see you back here in a day or so to exchange grimoire for this tracker of yours." He pauses for a moment, then adds, "And if, perchance, you can think of other potentially valuable items I might snatch from a fellow mage, it might help to disguise the purpose and," he pauses significantly, "origin of the theft."

Spoiler:  
Old 07-08-2015, 05:52 AM   #298
Skullcrusher

Randal says,"Very well. I will need to resupply. I will leave within the hour."

He eats and gathers what gear he needs. Then heads to his next assignment.

Randal Kane - Trent Bauer
Skullcrusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 09:49 AM   #299
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Warehouse Aftermath: Randal Kane
Randal suits up and heads up north towards his target. Does he have a time of day he'd like to arrive?

Job in the Park: Jack Brown
The story is essentially true, but with details left out. James obviously knows the other guy, and the reasons for the denial seem to be personal and kept intentionally vauge. He's being honest about the whole thing remaining pretty quiet. The most notable part is what the spell claims to do: bringing people back to life is not trivial thing. This is a pretty impressive book. Or it leverages some dark ceremony to transfer life from one subject to another. probably both.

Three Fae: Marcus Savage

Marcus clamber to the side of the car, gripping its smooth surface. The door is shut, but its easy enough to open it -- the pastor has been far too busy to bother locking it. He shouts at the driver, who responds by grabbing his seat belt. Marcus yanks the wheel to the side, and the car rides up on the pavement. The car continues rolling as the pastor leans away from marcus and goes for his phone. he pulls it out as the car rolls to a stop.

GM rolls:
lizard climb -2 (bumpy ride -- curb)
driving (motorcycle) 16 -4(car) -2 (awkard positioning/not in driver's seat/fighting for wheel)

Lizard climb -- was not expecting that. Not sure I remembered it existing.

Old 07-09-2015, 11:43 AM   #300
the_matrix_walker

Once the car stops, Marcus hops off and returns his focus to attacking Jake... He will step as needed to bring him into good alignment to strike at him.

"Didn't you know who you were going after? Did you really think you were going to get away with messing with me?"