Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > In Nomine

Old 05-15-2012, 08:14 PM   #11
Archangel Beth
In Nomine Line Editor

Default Re: My In Nomine wishlist

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEhERETIC View Post
Playable places...I suppose if I set my mind to it I could do Seoul.
As a serious comment -- consider whether you would be able (and interested) in pitching Seoul for a GURPS Hot Spots supplement: http://e23.sjgames.com/wish_list.html => http://e23.sjgames.com/gurps-wish-list.html#hotspots . Adding a box on Paranormal/Urban Fantasy kinds of stuff, now and then, would probably be just fine for all the regular GURPS stuff. I could not, of course, promise that a box of "In Nomine Tethers" would survive editing -- but it might.
Old 05-15-2012, 08:26 PM   #12
Archangel Beth
In Nomine Line Editor

(Remembering that this is all at the Vaporware stage!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by robkelk View Post
What have I missed?
IN Children of the Grigori

There was a proposed Cycle for the Grig/CotG; the adventure notes are still around, I know. Mind, adventures are not what I'd call the best sellers for iN, so... *shrug* (Also, I think the author is going to cannibalize at least one bit of the proposed plot for some fiction she's working on.)

Add Zadkiel's Shepherds to the Minor Choirs list, just so I don't forget.

I'm not sure 3d6IN is "ultra-lite" anymore. >_> It's more "better bell-curve, slightly nicer to humans." Not that there's anything wrong with that! But it's not very lite.

Quote:
  • Gamable Places: {foo} (like the GURPS Hot Spots line, a series of works each describing a particular place on the Corporeal, Ethereal, or Celestial planes and its inhabitants in game terms - examples include Gamable Places: Paris, Gamable Places: Asgard, Gamable Places: The Eternal City, and Gamable Places: Shal-Mari)
I'd suggest calling those You Are Here: {Foo}, actually. For, well, obvious reasons. O;> Unless it would sound better as Liber Locii (Liber Locium? I have forgotten all the Latin I ever knew, tonight...)... where was I? Oh, right, Liber Locii: Foorum. Unless there's Latin for Pamphlet? O;>

I wonder if I still have the records for all the Word-bound/Distincted that didn't make it into the Liber Servitorum... O:/
Old 05-15-2012, 08:29 PM   #13
tbug

I'd like a "What's Going on With Eli?" supplement.
Old 05-15-2012, 08:40 PM   #14
Rocket Man
Petitioner: Word of IN Filk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archangel Beth View Post
(
I'd suggest calling those You Are Here: {Foo}, actually. For, well, obvious reasons. O;> Unless it would sound better as Liber Locii (Liber Locium? I have forgotten all the Latin I ever knew, tonight...)... where was I? Oh, right, Liber Locii: Foorum. Unless there's Latin for Pamphlet? O;>
One "i", I believe -- Liber Loci. Which would have been a great title for YAH itself.

Subiecisset is what I'm given for "pamphlet" by Google translate ... but in the spirit of the game, would "Epistle" be more appropriate? ;)

Author: "What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger"
Rocket Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 11:11 PM   #15
Acolyte

I might also offer "Encyclical" as an option for IN shorts. It's got a great (if admittedly Catholic) magisterial ring to it. "Folio" is also attractive.

I think Superiors books (all the ones who don't have the full Superiors treatment, every last one) are the highest priority in a lot of people's minds.
Old 05-15-2012, 11:39 PM   #16
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
As a serious comment -- consider whether you would be able (and interested) in pitching Seoul for a GURPS Hot Spots supplement: http://e23.sjgames.com/wish_list.html => http://e23.sjgames.com/gurps-wish-list.html#hotspots . Adding a box on Paranormal/Urban Fantasy kinds of stuff, now and then, would probably be just fine for all the regular GURPS stuff. I could not, of course, promise that a box of "In Nomine Tethers" would survive editing -- but it might.
That would involve learning GURPS, and sadly learning the Japanese language is a somewhat higher priority right now. RLCF. A bit of prose on what I've learned about Seoul certainly isn't out of the question, but I'd have to leave crunchiness to others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbug View Post
I'd like a "What's Going on With Eli?" supplement.
Personally I like crowdsourcing this, at least until something official gets rolling. Links to various fanons on the topic (including my own--might make me more inclined to write it more coherently) and file them all under rumors.
Old 05-16-2012, 06:15 PM   #17
robkelk
Untitled

Quote:
Excellent idea - I've changed the list to reflect that.

I've also added IN: Pulp to the list, with a link back to the current thread.
Deming (New Mexico) Headlight, 6 January 1950
No longer reading these forums regularly.
robkelk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 08:13 PM   #18
Matthias Wasser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Man View Post
One "i", I believe -- Liber Loci.
Locorum, unless we're talking about one place (which might well be for the mini-supplements.)
Matthias Wasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 08:30 PM   #19
Archangel Beth
In Nomine Line Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthias Wasser View Post
Locorum, unless we're talking about one place (which might well be for the mini-supplements.)
I was thinking of Liber Loci for a Single Place, yeah. (And remembering Genius Loci, which I think made it into the EPG, but forgetting how many i's it would need to dot. O:> )

I note that the What's Going On With Eli plot thread (totally optional for GMs, of course) was also supposed to be part of the postulated Grigori/CotG cycle. >_>

But adventures/cycles... Alas, they do not sell very well. *sigh*

tHEhERETIC -- don't count against being able to get someone else to go with you on the Crunch side. If you don't put in a lot of NPCs-who-need-character-sheets, it's possible that the Crunch required would be minimal. I'd have to double-check the recommended books (from the wishlist, er, list) to be sure, of course.
Old 05-16-2012, 08:43 PM   #20
cptbutton

Quote:
Outcasts: The Tsayadim ("Why did they decide to leave, where are they now, what are they doing, who's leading them...")
Should you or any of your PCF be discorporated or Fall, the Archangel will disavow any revelation of your actions.
cptbutton is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
meta, wish list