Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > In Nomine

Old 02-28-2015, 03:46 PM   #1
cptbutton

Default Getting to the Corporeal - Kyriotates of Dreams (Blandine)

It is dissonant for a Kyriotate of Dreams to be on the Corporeal plane in Celestial form (except at a Tether).

The FAQ covers how you get off the Corporeal without dissonance. Go to a Tether, where going Celestial doesn't count. Or go to sleep, and then release the host while you are on the Ethereal Plane*.

But how do you get on the Corporeal plane in the first place?

I assume you can go down a Tether and possess someone there. Are there other options?

Can you go into someone's dreamscape and possess them from there?

Are there ways to possess someone remotely from the Celestial or Ethereal planes?

Separately, I assume for extended stays on the Corporeal plane you have the problem of what to do when your time in a host runs out.

Do you know how much time you have left?

Can you go directly from host A to host B**?

If you aren't using all your forces on one host, I assume you can just possess someone else with your remaining forces, and as long as you have at least one host you are fine.

Edits:

* The Angelic Player's Guide, p 55, says you can't do that. You need to have at least 3 free forces and make a Will roll to put them in a dreamlike state.

** APG: Yes, if they are within (Kyriotate's Forces) yards and Host A can see or touch Host B.

Last edited by cptbutton; 02-28-2015 at 06:53 PM. Reason: Found some book references.
cptbutton is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 07:48 PM   #2
cptbutton

Default Re: Getting to the Corporeal - Kyriotates of Dreams (Blandine)

Getting more confused, APG, p 58 says Kyriotates of Dreams

Quote:
On leaving their last earthly host, these angels can make a Will roll to manifest in the Marches for 8 hours, suspending the normal time limit to find a corporeal host.
Am I reading this right, that it means instead of getting a point of dissonance for (10 minutes times their Celestial Forces) in Celestial form on the Corporeal plane I get 8 hours plus (10 minutes times their Celestial Forces) for a point of dissonance?
cptbutton is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 08:45 AM   #3
robkelk
Untitled

Default Re: Getting to the Corporeal - Kyriotates of Dreams (Blandine)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cptbutton View Post
Getting more confused, APG, p 58 says Kyriotates of Dreams

Am I reading this right, that it means instead of getting a point of dissonance for (10 minutes times their Celestial Forces) in Celestial form on the Corporeal plane I get 8 hours plus (10 minutes times their Celestial Forces) for a point of dissonance?
I believe so...
Deming (New Mexico) Headlight, 6 January 1950
No longer reading these forums regularly.
robkelk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
angels, blandine, dissonance, dreams, kyriotates