Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 06-06-2016, 10:09 PM   #11
Rockwolf66

Default Re: Tanks - Slopes, Turrets, Tracks, DR?

Right now I am trying my had at building a few vehicles in GURPS. I know that for some things my math is way off because I don't know all the formulas. Like a M60E3 might have a hull with only 350 DR not counting the slope of the armor. It's turret front is about DR700 not counting slopeing.

Other Modern vehicles I cannot find their armor thickness so I'm having to guestimate based on what the armor can suposedly stop. Like the LAV-25 might be able to stop a 12.7mm from the front (Roughtly DR75) and DR40 all around. With the Uparmor kits it might get to DR90 all around.

Campaigns has a pretty good write up of a M113A1. More modern versions have an additional layer of spaced RHA of unknown thickness.
Rockwolf66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 09:12 AM   #12
Fred Brackin

Default Re: Tanks - Slopes, Turrets, Tracks, DR?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockwolf66 View Post
. Like the LAV-25 might be able to stop a 12.7mm from the front (Roughtly DR75) and DR40 all around. With the Uparmor kits it might get to DR90 all around.

When figuring necessary DR use average damage and not maximum. Bullet penetration is actually very regular. Gurps just uses dice instead of a fixed number for gaming interest and to handwave complexities like tissue damage and armor weakspots.

12.7mm protection should be around 45 and not 75.

Tags
damage resistance, help me out here, sloped armor, tanks