Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 06-10-2019, 06:39 AM   #11
Aldric

Default Re: Four Arm Martial Arts

I like the idea of using a shield, a two handed spear and possibly a 1h weapon in case enemies get too close or javelins for ranged attacks.

How many of those weapons they can actually use at the same time would depend on the number of extra attacks.
Aldric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 01:47 PM   #12
Black Leviathan

Extra arms in melee would be a decisive advantage if only because most people only train against two-armed opponents. Beyond the quantity of hands, extra arms would allow the fighter to pin or grab an opponent, interfere with their weapon or shield while striking, or be able to switch between weapons without pausing in an attack or dropping a weapon.

The limit of the advantage is how well the 4-armed warrior can coordinate their limbs. If they have a handedness just like a 2-armed person they'd effectively only one one hand worth fighting with. If utilizing all of their hands in concert requires concentration then they'd be as useful as convenient pockets in a fight.
Black Leviathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 01:59 PM   #13
CarrionPeacock

As the author of the tentacle thread, I'm also curious about the effect of using a weapon with 3+ hands/arms. I'd also like to know if Force Extension and No Signature are a valid enhancement for Extra Arms (like that of Elfen Lied).
CarrionPeacock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 04:01 PM   #14
AlexanderHowl

I would allow it as part of a Psychokinesis ability, but Stretching with Force Extension only augments existing limbs. Phantom limbs probably are better represented by TK with Reflexive or Independent.
AlexanderHowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 06:33 AM   #15
aaron819

You fool! I have been trained in your Jedi arts by Count Dooku.
aaron819 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
extra arms, general grievous, martial arts