Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 08-22-2019, 12:22 PM   #301
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: Lost in Dreams (Jane Doe)

"Well, we could send out a message asking if people have seen stuff like that. Do you mind if I make the video public?"

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 11:39 PM   #302
Plane

"Not at all, though perhaps to avoid alarming the entire ship if we could send it to whoever might be in charge of security and medicine?"
Plane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 06:56 AM   #303
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

(You've been sending all this information to Mr Welker (security) and the medical team already)

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
Old 08-24-2019, 10:30 PM   #304
Plane

(whoops)
"I think first we should contact the medical team and Mr. Welker about this, see if they think it's okay to make it public or not. I don't want to cause a panic."
Old 08-26-2019, 07:51 AM   #305
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plane View Post
(whoops)
"I think first we should contact the medical team and Mr. Welker about this, see if they think it's okay to make it public or not. I don't want to cause a panic."
"You'd rather hide it! people may be randomly smacking each other with chairs and you want to conceal that fact? Sure, they might panic, but panic might be called for! Are you telling me that Mr. Welker already knows about this and hasn't warned us? That's terrifying."

Old 08-29-2019, 12:31 AM   #306
Plane

"Er... no, Welker as far as I know hasn't witnessed anything involving chairs yet. I agree that people ought to know, but if you want that I think it would need to be with his help, because reporting your case in isolation might not be very convincing."
Old 08-31-2019, 07:36 AM   #307
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

"But we've got to tell people somehow! and if Welker already knew about other attacks and didn't tell us, he's already decided to conceal it."

roll 3d6 if you wish to win this argument.

Old 09-03-2019, 08:02 PM   #308
Plane

I'm not sure she actually wants to, it might be sort of convincing to her, it's more like: it might occur to her that this conversation is being monitored and that acting against someone in power would be unwise. At the same time, stating that aloud could be dangerous as you want to appear loyal and not simply co-operative.

"Well, even if he has, perhaps you could change Welker's mind? This could make people afraid and maybe they don't know if fear would accelerate this process."

I rolled 11 on a 3d6 (used room 282 at https://dicelog.com/logdice like for our other game)
Old 09-05-2019, 10:11 AM   #309
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Yuri pauses in her argument. "You know what? I can at least try to get Welker to be honest about this. If he disagrees, I can deal with that."

(she also rolled an 11, but it seems Olive has the upper hand in arguments...)

The trelise displays an aimless geometric pattern, then there is a light buzz.

Yuri: "Security is not responding to me. Yet. I suppose with the medical problems they're busy. Or they're covering up a bunch of attacks. How long do you say we give them to respond before we go public? I already left a message"

(You can either wait for the response or lack thereof or we can move back the the discussion of archaeology and the planet)

Last edited by ericthered; 09-05-2019 at 10:15 AM.
Old 09-05-2019, 11:23 PM   #310
Plane

While waiting, may as well ask more about the plants/structures.

"So what would you say is most different about these plants compared to the ones you've seen before?"