Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Car Wars > Car Wars Old Editions

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2019, 02:35 PM   #1
philreed
Chief Executive Officer
 
philreed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Default Car Wars 9-inch by 12-inch Pocket Folders

I may be the only one, but I would have loved this three decades ago!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects.../posts/2412378
philreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 02:38 PM   #2
industrialchild
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Default Re: Car Wars 9-inch by 12-inch Pocket Folders

I have a sneaking suspension you're not the only one Phil! I'm eager to use these for keeping campaign related materials!
industrialchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 05:00 PM   #3
43Supporter
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Default Re: Car Wars 9-inch by 12-inch Pocket Folders

How about a _CW_-themed Trapper Keeper? Talk about "period".... >;)
__________________
"Dale *who*?"

The Jeremy Clarkson Debate Course:
1) I'm Right. 2) You're Wrong. 3) The End.
43Supporter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 05:23 AM   #4
philreed
Chief Executive Officer
 
philreed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Default Re: Car Wars 9-inch by 12-inch Pocket Folders

Quote:
Originally Posted by 43Supporter View Post
How about a _CW_-themed Trapper Keeper? Talk about "period".... >;)
The issue with that is that we don't have a supplier. With the pocket folders, we know the expected costs and how to create them. That's a much safer promise to make than to try something completely new and with no clue re: costs.
philreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 11:08 AM   #5
Magesmiley
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Snohomish, WA
Default Re: Car Wars 9-inch by 12-inch Pocket Folders

Hmmm. Those folders might make a nifty spot to store expansions sets 7, 8, and 10.
__________________
Dynamax Designs, Designing quality since 2035.

Watch your handling and remember to Drive Offensively!
Magesmiley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 02:45 PM   #6
ColBosch
 
ColBosch's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Default Re: Car Wars 9-inch by 12-inch Pocket Folders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magesmiley View Post
Hmmm. Those folders might make a nifty spot to store expansions sets 7, 8, and 10.
Given its errors, the proper place to store Expansion 10 is at the bottom of a drawer. If it ever gets reprinted, I hope it's given a fresh editorial pass.
ColBosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 02:48 PM   #7
43Supporter
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Default Re: Car Wars 9-inch by 12-inch Pocket Folders

Quote:
Originally Posted by philreed View Post
The issue with that is that we don't have a supplier. With the pocket folders, we know the expected costs and how to create them. That's a much safer promise to make than to try something completely new and with no clue re: costs.
That was meant as a joke (a bit of an inside one, actually -- back-when, I modified a stock T.K. to carry the _Deluxe Car Wars_ cover art). Having the folders will be enough, as we never had them back-when.
__________________
"Dale *who*?"

The Jeremy Clarkson Debate Course:
1) I'm Right. 2) You're Wrong. 3) The End.
43Supporter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 02:55 PM   #8
ColBosch
 
ColBosch's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Default Re: Car Wars 9-inch by 12-inch Pocket Folders

Quote:
Originally Posted by 43Supporter View Post
That was meant as a joke (a bit of an inside one, actually -- back-when, I modified a stock T.K. to carry the _Deluxe Car Wars_ cover art). Having the folders will be enough, as we never had them back-when.
I think I'm going to frame the various folders for wall art.
ColBosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 03:03 PM   #9
Magesmiley
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Snohomish, WA
Default Re: Car Wars 9-inch by 12-inch Pocket Folders

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColBosch View Post
Given its errors, the proper place to store Expansion 10 is at the bottom of a drawer. If it ever gets reprinted, I hope it's given a fresh editorial pass.
Did you ever look at the pdf version? There's two versions of the wheelie in that - the original (1st edition Compendium) and one updated for the 2nd edition Compendium (and the Classic rules).
__________________
Dynamax Designs, Designing quality since 2035.

Watch your handling and remember to Drive Offensively!
Magesmiley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 05:52 PM   #10
ColBosch
 
ColBosch's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Default Re: Car Wars 9-inch by 12-inch Pocket Folders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magesmiley View Post
Did you ever look at the pdf version? There's two versions of the wheelie in that - the original (1st edition Compendium) and one updated for the 2nd edition Compendium (and the Classic rules).
No, I wasn't aware of that. Thank you!
ColBosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Fnords are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:57 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.