Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 05-18-2019, 06:32 AM   #1
Sorenant

Default [Powers] Payload With Temporal Stasis

Powers suggests +50% Cosmic to make Payload extradimensional, how much an enhancement that makes time stop inside such Payload would be worth? The intended usage is to preserve food, collected animal bits and other time sensitive materials, so if possible I'd also like to know if a limitation "only non-living" would be worth any point break, as by default you could also stow an injured person inside a sufficiently large Payload to keep them alive until medical attention can be given.
Sorenant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 06:55 AM   #2
Refplace

Default Re: [Powers] Payload With Temporal Stasis

See Stopping Time Powers p. 118 for one idea, divide final cost by 5 for internal.
A much cheaper idea that could not be used as an attack would be Unaging with Reduced Time (Multiple levels) Age Control, Affects Others, etc. Also reduced by the internal cost reduction.
Finally might just go with +300% Cosmic.
My List of GURPS You Tube videos (plus a few other useful items)
My GURPS Wiki entries
Refplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 10:53 AM   #3
Sorenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Refplace View Post
See Stopping Time Powers p. 118 for one idea, divide final cost by 5 for internal.
A much cheaper idea that could not be used as an attack would be Unaging with Reduced Time (Multiple levels) Age Control, Affects Others, etc. Also reduced by the internal cost reduction.
Finally might just go with +300% Cosmic.
I don't know if that's RAW but I like the idea of using Temporal Stasis enhancement for Affliction and divide its cost by 5, it's not quite costly as +300% Cosmic but expensive enough it would be too munchkin-y. I think I'll going with this, thanks!
I'm not entirely sure how'd you use Unaging on Payload, would it be similar to "temporary disadvantage"?
Sorenant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 05:35 AM   #4
Gumby Bush

For Unaging with Payload, maybe a Link +10%. More likely, Unaging with the Halt Aging Enhancement from Psionic Powers (which Enhancement is priced per person you can affect and assumes a minimum of a 1 week duration and will need to, itself, be modified with Always On) and divided by 5 for internal only. That build probably needs similar Afflictions for Doesn't Eat or Drink, so it seems overly complicated to me.

For your intended usage, I'd just toss the +300% Enhancement on and take that to include the "only non-living."

Fridge of the Gods [45]:

You can carry up to your BL of unliving matter in an extradimensional space. While there, items are preserved as if no time passed for them. This will keep food fresh, dead bodies from decaying, and clocks from keeping time. It is up to the GM whether undead count as "unliving matter" or whether the animating spirit interferes.

Payload 10 (Cosmic, extradimensional, +50%; Cosmic, preservative, +300%) [45]

Compare:
Fallible Extradimensional Fridge [39]:
You can carry up to your BL of unliving matter in an extradimensional space. While there, content must roll a Quick Contest of HT vs your Will every second or be preserved as if no time passed for them (for a duration equal to your margin of success). This will keep food fresh, dead bodies from decaying, and clocks from keeping time. It is up to the GM whether undead count as "unliving matter" or whether the animating spirit interferes. Note that some items will still age, albeit more slowly than usual.

Payload 10 (Cosmic, extradimensional, +50%) [15];
Affliction 1 (Always On -20%; Unliving Only -20%; Malediction 1 +100% Temporal Stasis +1000%) [116/5=24];

Someone with more time or statistical inclination than I might calculate how to condense "roll every second" with a single roll to affect how quickly time passes. My inclination would be to only roll when we care about seconds, the item is being kept for a long time, or a high-HT item is placed within. You could remove the Malediction, but then all rolls would be against HT (unless you buy more levels of Affliction) and DR and such would protect against preservation.

Tags
cosmic, extradimensional, payload, powers