Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-21-2018, 12:57 AM   #1
scc

Default [Space] Haven And Carson's World

For those who don't know Haven and Carson's World are the two worlds of a single star generated in the example sections for world building chapters in Space. The rest of the 'setting' for the two seems to be a straight copy of Star Wars or the Foundation novels.

Haven is stock Garden World inhabited by a group refugees from the empire who are trying out democracy and Carson's World is a Mars like world in the next orbit out. The interesting thing about Carson's World is that it has some alien ruins on it that rebel scientists are exploring. Now this is a bit problematic, why are there ruins on the uninhabitable planet but not the habitable one? And given that there is an unexplored M5 companion star, I'm guessing that there's some sort of alien relic in orbit around that as well.

Now using this as the basis for a campaign it's TL10^ and either Safetech or Retrotech, it's a bit hard to tell with Star Wars' science fantasy setting. The tricky thing I've got is how to set the players up, the only idea I've got is that one of them inherits a spaceships, but I'd rather something more broad minded then independent traders high-jinks.
scc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
space