Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 10-21-2010, 01:47 PM   #141
borithan

Default Re: Perfect Organism's Warhammer 40,000 conversion thread.

Not that I imagine it would be much use to you, but I had personally statted lasguns as lasers with:
Damage:6d(2) burn Acc:7 Range:500/1500 RoF:3 Shots:60(3) ST:8 Rcl:1 Bulk:-5

Flak armour I used the ballistic suit (from the Basic set) as a basis. I would give it DR 12 against pircing, cutting and tight beam burning attacks, and 6 vs all other damage types. I would also give it one level of Hardening against laser weapons. The helmet would be DR 12 with a similar hardening against lasers.

I have to say that this is based on my personal interpretation of 40k gear, which makes it fairly comparable to modern weaponry. I take flak armour to be roughly comparable to modern "soft" body armour in protective performance (but superior against laser based weaponry).

Power Armour I take to be a pretty straight conversion of the Battlesuit from the Basic set. I would remove Super Jump, the Biomed sensors, No Peripheral Vision, Telescopic Vision, Laser Communication, Hyperspectral Vision.

Bolters (Space Marine variety) I have currently worked as 6d+2(3) pi+ with a 1dx3 cr ex follow up Acc:4 Range:1000 Rof:8 Shots:30(3) ST:12 Bulk:-4 Rcl:3

These stats I am not sure about, and are kinda reliant on what a Space Marine looks like (basically how many HP he has). One of the models I was looking at had 32 HP, and it is that one I was working with when I came up with those stats. If they had fewer HP then I would reduce the multiplier on the explosive follow up. I am also very unsure about the initial attack. Basically I am unsure whether I should have reduced the armour divisor and have higher damage... but I am unsure about how much damage it should do if it should do more damage (I was using the gyroc pistol in the basic set as a basis).
borithan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 02:49 PM   #142
Mr Adventurer

Just wanted to say, Perfect Organism you are a legend for tackling this; as someone who may be starting a GURPS 40k game this year I thank you for this thread!
Mr Adventurer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 04:37 PM   #143
combatmedic
Banned

PerfectOrganism,Hero of the Imperium!

I've been a a serious 40L kick of late, so this thread is fascinating to me.
combatmedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 08:26 PM   #144
GreatWyrmGold

Quote:
Originally Posted by combatmedic View Post
PerfectOrganism,Hero of the Imperium!

I've been a a serious 40L kick of late, so this thread is fascinating to me.
Same here. I'm working on a horrible crossbreed of fantasy, Dead Space, and Warhammer 40k (the last being how the second got to the first), so I'm also finding this useful, although I altered the Tau a bit...Still, I wouldn't have known where to even start without this, so thanks!
In case Perfect Organism is still doing this, I'd be interested to see "normal" Kroot warriors (and those of other factions, Kroot are just the only ones I'm fairly certain aren't here).
GreatWyrmGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 05:24 AM   #145
Sam Baughn

Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and some other bits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatWyrmGold View Post
In case Perfect Organism is still doing this, I'd be interested to see "normal" Kroot warriors (and those of other factions, Kroot are just the only ones I'm fairly certain aren't here).
Post #123 has a racial template. Is that what you were looking for, or did you want a professional template or loadoout?
Sam Baughn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 05:23 PM   #146
GreatWyrmGold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfect Organism View Post
Post #123 has a racial template. Is that what you were looking for, or did you want a professional template or loadoout?
I was hoping for a professional template/loadout.

EDIT: Request less demanding now, as I'm making my own, but I'd still be interested in your interpretation.

Last edited by GreatWyrmGold; 10-17-2011 at 07:24 PM.
GreatWyrmGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 02:28 PM   #147
Onkl

Perfect Organism, I love this thread so much, I've decided to create GCA GDFs for the Adeptus Astartes (Btw, there is a typo in that thread, check the title of the template ;)) and Space Marines Battle Brother templates.

You can download them from http://www.motoslave.net/gcarepo/view.php?pkgid=130.

I'll add weapons and equipment to the file later, now it just contains the two templates.

I am trying to do a conversion of Deathwatch to GURPS. If someone has done any lenses for the different chapters and roles in GURPS, please let me know! I am not talking about GDF files for GCA, I'm just talking about a listing of ads, disads, skills...

Cheers!

Onkl
Onkl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 05:51 AM   #148
Onkl

Hi guys, me again

As I said, I would very much love to do a Deathwatch to GURPS conversion. Since this is a huge task I was wondering if anybody wold like to help me do it.

I've created the following graphic to be better able to explain what I want to do:

GRAPHIC

In the triangles I've brainstormed some adventure, maybe even campaign ideas you could do after having applied the template or lens.

The next thing I would like to do is create the childhood lenses for the following worlds: Ultramar, Sacris, Fenris, Caliban, Ball, Black Templar Chapter World

I guess the first thing to do would be to define how many points a childhood lens should have and what - if any - advantages/disadvantages would be allowed.

After the childhood lenses, I want to do the chapter lenses and occupational specialization lenses (melee, heavy weapon, apothecary…)

So my question to you is: Is anybody interested in helping me? Cause I certainly need help; my WH40k knowledge is pretty limited.

Cheers

Onkl
Onkl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
conversion, magical styles, supersoldiers, warhammer 40k