Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2019, 08:21 AM   #11
Turhan's Bey Company
Aluminated
 
Turhan's Bey Company's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: East of the moon, west of the stars, close to buses and shopping
Default Re: Call for Playtesters: GURPS Realm Management

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Mapmaker View Post
Gosh, this very exciting. Wish I had the time to take part. Best of luck to everyone involved!
Yeah, this is what it's coming down to for me. I'd love to be in on it (indeed, I wrote or collaborated on some of the cited works in the call for playtesters), but I just don't have adequate free time.

That said, I'm confident Christopher's got this and it'll be just fine without me.
__________________
I've been making pointlessly shiny things, and I've got some gaming-related stuff as well as 3d printing designs.

Buy my Warehouse 23 stuff, dammit!
Turhan's Bey Company is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2019, 02:02 PM   #12
Antiquation!
 
Antiquation!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Check my subdermal tracking chip
Default Re: Call for Playtesters: GURPS Realm Management

This is very exciting, something I have wanted for a long time. Good luck with the playtest!
__________________
"It is easiest to act first and ask forgiveness afterward. To ask first is to invite failure, and failure is never forgivable."
Antiquation! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2019, 06:05 PM   #13
Christopher R. Rice
 
Christopher R. Rice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Portsmouth, VA, USA
Default Re: Call for Playtesters: GURPS Realm Management

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Mapmaker View Post
Gosh, this very exciting. Wish I had the time to take part. Best of luck to everyone involved!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antiquation! View Post
This is very exciting, something I have wanted for a long time. Good luck with the playtest!
Thanks! I hope it lives up to everyone's expectations. I spent a lot of time on this project to try and do it right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turhan's Bey Company View Post
Yeah, this is what it's coming down to for me. I'd love to be in on it (indeed, I wrote or collaborated on some of the cited works in the call for playtesters), but I just don't have adequate free time.

That said, I'm confident Christopher's got this and it'll be just fine without me.
:-) Thanks, Matt. I hope so.
__________________
My Twitter
My w23 Stuff
My Blog

Latest GURPS Book: Monster Hunters Power Ups 1
Latest TFT Book: Crown of Eternity

Become a Patron!
Christopher R. Rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2019, 10:06 AM   #14
Donny Brook
 
Donny Brook's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Snoopy's basement
Default Re: Call for Playtesters: GURPS Realm Management

The time frame is too short for me to commit to anything but I have the kind of background you are looking for. If you want to send me a copy on spec, PM me. I would try to give you comments. If not, I will be a buyer anyway.
Donny Brook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2019, 11:44 PM   #15
Alden Loveshade
 
Alden Loveshade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Hmm, looks like Earth, circa CE 2020+
Default Re: Call for Playtesters: GURPS Realm Management

I just tried sending a follow-up email to the listed email address for Roger Burton West, pt-realmmanagement@firedrake.org. I had [playtest] in the subject. I got this message:
This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

pt-realmmanagement@firedrake.org
Unrouteable address
I tried it again, and got the same message. Anybody know what's going on?
__________________
My first GURPS book is undergoing post-editor-review edits. What is it? It's [REDACTED]
Exchange Students (fantasy/horror/science fiction anthology including my story set in my GURPS galaxy)
Online interview of myself and one of my published GURPS characters
Home page http://alden.loveshade.org
Alden Loveshade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2019, 02:30 AM   #16
Christopher R. Rice
 
Christopher R. Rice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Portsmouth, VA, USA
Default Re: Call for Playtesters: GURPS Realm Management

The playtesters for GURPS Realm Management have been chosen. If you didn't get an email you were not chosen.
__________________
My Twitter
My w23 Stuff
My Blog

Latest GURPS Book: Monster Hunters Power Ups 1
Latest TFT Book: Crown of Eternity

Become a Patron!
Christopher R. Rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2019, 11:18 AM   #17
Alden Loveshade
 
Alden Loveshade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Hmm, looks like Earth, circa CE 2020+
Default Re: Call for Playtesters: GURPS Realm Management

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher R. Rice View Post
The playtesters for GURPS Realm Management have been chosen. If you didn't get an email you were not chosen.
Thanks for letting me know. I've had problems lately with emails getting through, so wanted to make sure it hadn't somehow been mistakenly blocked. For example, I have a story set in one of my GURPS worlds that's scheduled to be published in an anthology in February. But the accepted story almost got dropped because, while I signed and returned the contract the day I got it, my response got lost somewhere in Internet space.

To avoid confusion, I think it would be helpful if Steve Jackson Games let those who weren't chosen know, even if with a generic email. It could be something like, "We appreciate your interest in our playtest. Unfortunately, we sometimes have more applicants than we have slots to fill," etc.
__________________
My first GURPS book is undergoing post-editor-review edits. What is it? It's [REDACTED]
Exchange Students (fantasy/horror/science fiction anthology including my story set in my GURPS galaxy)
Online interview of myself and one of my published GURPS characters
Home page http://alden.loveshade.org
Alden Loveshade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2019, 03:22 PM   #18
Joe
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Default Re: Call for Playtesters: GURPS Realm Management

Just a brief note to say that I'm excited about this project! Can't wait to see what comes out the other side...
__________________
My (ahem... hugely entertaining... ahem) GURPS blog: The Collaborative Gamer
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2019, 08:55 PM   #19
edk926
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Default Re: Call for Playtesters: GURPS Realm Management

Yeah, we need something to bridge the gap between Cities and Planets.
edk926 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2019, 12:53 AM   #20
Christopher R. Rice
 
Christopher R. Rice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Portsmouth, VA, USA
Default Re: Call for Playtesters: GURPS Realm Management

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alden Loveshade View Post
Thanks for letting me know. I've had problems lately with emails getting through, so wanted to make sure it hadn't somehow been mistakenly blocked. For example, I have a story set in one of my GURPS worlds that's scheduled to be published in an anthology in February. But the accepted story almost got dropped because, while I signed and returned the contract the day I got it, my response got lost somewhere in Internet space.

To avoid confusion, I think it would be helpful if Steve Jackson Games let those who weren't chosen know, even if with a generic email. It could be something like, "We appreciate your interest in our playtest. Unfortunately, we sometimes have more applicants than we have slots to fill," etc.
That's not my call. Generally, as far as I can remember for public playtests they've never done that. If you don't get a welcome message you're not in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe View Post
Just a brief note to say that I'm excited about this project! Can't wait to see what comes out the other side...
:-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by edk926 View Post
Yeah, we need something to bridge the gap between Cities and Planets.
It actually (as of the pre-playtest draft) can cover those too. The goal is to be able to cover Game of Thrones as much as Dune. At least that's what I went into it trying to do.
__________________
My Twitter
My w23 Stuff
My Blog

Latest GURPS Book: Monster Hunters Power Ups 1
Latest TFT Book: Crown of Eternity

Become a Patron!
Christopher R. Rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Fnords are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:22 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.