Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 12-16-2014, 06:31 PM   #1
barna10

Default Old Supers

I have GURPS 3rd edition Supers (2nd edition). Since I bought it (30+ years ago!), I've always been curious about the power groups from the first edition of the book. Is there a resource somewhere that has the complete list?
barna10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 01:41 AM   #2
jeff_wilson
Computer Scientist

Default Re: Old Supers

Quote:
Originally Posted by barna10 View Post
I have GURPS 3rd edition Supers (2nd edition). Since I bought it (30+ years ago!), I've always been curious about the power groups from the first edition of the book. Is there a resource somewhere that has the complete list?
Are you sure you have the second edition? The second edition had a page with the old power groups listed, and is less than 25 years old.

The Campaigns of William Stoddard
jeff_wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 03:32 AM   #3
corwyn

Heck, GURPS isn't 30 years old. Besides, Supers 1e and 2e are only one year apart (89 and 90) and both are based on GURPS 3e so likely just an exaggeration either way.

Playing: GURPS Nordlond Dragons of Hosgarth
Running Savage Worlds Tour of Darkness (Vietnam + Mythos)
corwyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 03:51 AM   #4
barna10

Doh! Yep, sleep addled brain can't do math, either way, yes I have the 2nd edition. Now if we can move on past my math error...

Are the power groups listed in the second edition ALL of them? I thought there were more.

edit: Thinking back, I first bought the 3rd edition in 1990. I guess I never realized how new the system was when I got into it.

Last edited by barna10; 12-17-2014 at 04:15 AM.
Old 12-17-2014, 01:14 PM   #5
corwyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by barna10 View Post
Doh! Yep, sleep addled brain can't do math, either way, yes I have the 2nd edition. Now if we can move on past my math error...

Are the power groups listed in the second edition ALL of them? I thought there were more.

edit: Thinking back, I first bought the 3rd edition in 1990. I guess I never realized how new the system was when I got into it.
Well, I don't own Supers 1e any more but the list looks pretty complete to me and I don't recall it missing anything when I owned it (though, as has been said, it was 25 years ago).

Too bad it's not on W23; I wouldn't mind owning a copy again for nostalgia sake.

Playing: GURPS Nordlond Dragons of Hosgarth
Running Savage Worlds Tour of Darkness (Vietnam + Mythos)
corwyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 07:15 PM   #6
Rocket Man
Petitioner: Word of IN Filk

Quote:
Originally Posted by corwyn View Post
Well, I don't own Supers 1e any more but the list looks pretty complete to me and I don't recall it missing anything when I owned it (though, as has been said, it was 25 years ago).

Too bad it's not on W23; I wouldn't mind owning a copy again for nostalgia sake.
I have the 1e Supers; when I get home, I'll doublecheck.

Author: "What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger"
Rocket Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 05:28 AM   #7
barna10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Man View Post
I have the 1e Supers; when I get home, I'll doublecheck.

Thank you!
Old 12-20-2014, 09:35 AM   #8
Gold & Appel Inc

[bump]
Am I the only one who was disappointed that this thread was not about the care and management of geriatric, often-demented, supers who do not have Unaging but still retain their other, extremely-dangerous, powers? I'm picturing a campaign where the PCs are the staff of a very special top secret nursing home...[/bump
Gold & Appel Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 10:12 AM   #9
Buzzardo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gold & Appel Inc View Post
[bump]
Am I the only one who was disappointed that this thread was not about the care and management of geriatric, often-demented, supers who do not have Unaging but still retain their other, extremely-dangerous, powers? I'm picturing a campaign where the PCs are the staff of a very special top secret nursing home...[/bump
It's not just you. Every time I see the thread title, I get a picture of Superman with liver spots, no hair, and dementia, but he's still got all that strength.... ;)

Want a random dungeon? How about some tables for that? How about a random encounter?
Buzzardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 10:16 AM   #10
barna10

I see Bruce Campbell starring in this movie...

Tags
supers