Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game

Old 04-24-2019, 07:32 PM   #121
Pragmatic
Ceci n'est pas une tag.

Default Re: Dungeon Fantasy Monsters 2 and Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game Reprint

Did all surveys go out? I didn't get one.
Old 04-25-2019, 12:37 AM   #122
bert

Default Re: Dungeon Fantasy Monsters 2 and Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game Reprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pragmatic View Post
Ditto! Also didn't get one.
bert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 04:03 AM   #123
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Quote:
No. Smoke test now, which means a tiny percentage of backers are playtesting the survey. We hope to open all surveys today or tomorrow; it depends on the smoke test results.
philreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 06:50 AM   #124
DouglasCole
Doctor of GURPS Ballistics

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bert View Post
Ditto! Also didn't get one.
Once surveys are ready, Backerkit suggests doing a "smoke test." A fraction - usually 5-10% - of backers are selected by an internal algorithm to receive the survey. They fill it out and any problems that crop up can be solved before 100% of the folks all send the same email saying "But what bout X?!"

That the smoke test is going out is very good news. Expect a 100% mailing shortly, assuming that there are no problems that are smoked out.
DouglasCole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 07:44 AM   #125
bert

Thanks for the clarification!
bert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 07:16 AM   #126
prospero

Should we ask questions about and report problems with the survey here? The Backerkit entry for Pyramid #3/50 has the wrong cover image, for instance.

Last edited by prospero; 04-26-2019 at 07:56 AM.
prospero is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 07:49 AM   #127
prospero

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich View Post
I'm looking at the survey. What is the difference, if any, between Pyramid: The Dungeon Fantasy Collection $15 and Pyramid: Dungeon Fantasy Collected $16?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Refplace View Post
I'm not sure these quotes clear up the ambiguity that GnomesofZurich points out.

Pyramid: Dungeon Fantasy Collected is a more-or-less unedited compilation of articles from non-DF themed issues of Pyramid, vol. 3. It was released in conjunction with the original Kickstarter for the DFRPG, and is for sale now on W23.

The Pyramid Dungeon Collection that Kromm and Turhan's Bey refer to in the links above will include revised and 4e-updated articles from Pyramid, vols. 1 and 2. So is it really the same as Pyramid: The Dungeon Fantasy Collection listed in the Backertkit survey? If so, the Backerkit blurb's list of Pyramid vol. 3 numbers and its claim that "This is a direct compilation, without updates or changes" are quite misleading.

Last edited by prospero; 04-26-2019 at 08:21 AM. Reason: adding in vol. 1 and 2
prospero is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 08:04 AM   #128
Kromm
GURPS Line Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by prospero View Post

Pyramid: Dungeon Fantasy Collected is a more-or-less unedited compilation of articles from non-DF themed issues of Pyramid, vol. 3. It was released in conjunction with the original Kickstarter for the DFRPG, and is for sale now on W23.

The Pyramid Dungeon Collection that Kromm and Turhan's Bey refer to in the linked comments above will include revised and updated versions of articles from Pyramid, vol. 2. So is it really the same as Pyramid: The Dungeon Fantasy Collection listed in the Backertkit survey? If so, the Backerkit blurb's list of Pyramid vol. 3 numbers is misleading.
These are not the same thing at all:
  • This is Pyramid: Dungeon Fantasy Collected. It is a collection of Pyramid, Volume 3 articles written for the GURPS Dungeon Fantasy series. The articles are offered "as is." The only available format is PDF, and it's what we offered as a Kickstarter add-on.

• This is all we've ever said about Pyramid Dungeon Collection. It will be a collection of Pyramid, Volume 1 & 2 articles written prior to the existence of the GURPS Dungeon Fantasy series but suitable for use with it. The articles will be significantly updated. The planned format is print, and it hasn't been associated with any Kickstarter that I know about.
I understand the confusion:
Pyramid: Dungeon Fantasy Collected
Pyramid Dungeon Collection
We probably could have chosen better titles. But they're not the same beast at all.
Kromm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 08:21 AM   #129
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Preorders are now open:

https://dfrpg-monsters2.backerkit.com/hosted_preorders
philreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 08:27 AM   #130
Turhan's Bey Company
Aluminated

Location: East of the moon, west of the stars, close to buses and shopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kromm View Post
I understand the confusion:
Pyramid: Dungeon Fantasy Collected
Pyramid Dungeon Collection
We probably could have chosen better titles. But they're not the same beast at all.
I'll have to rename my upcoming stack of dungeon-related snacks: Pyramid Dungeon Collation

Buy my Warehouse 23 stuff, dammit!
Turhan's Bey Company is offline   Reply With Quote