Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 02-05-2010, 02:20 AM   #31
Mr Frost

Default Re: Hobbit Stone Throwing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Man View Post
In the case of the original example -- Bilbo knocking Great Spiders from the trees -- you don't necessarily need to do a ton of damage. You just need to be able to Stun the spider long enough for it to fall off its tree branch. At its size, the fall will probably do more damage than the stone anyway. (Though there is at least one mention in The Hobbit of a stone killing a spider dead immediately ... critical hit, perhaps?)
Well , a critical hit in Middle Earth Roll Playing System/Role Master where if you roll high enough on those open ended D100s you could have a spitball cause a troll to explode , implode , reduce to constituant atoms , dance a gig and then burst into flames .
Crits didn't take kindly in them there parts .
Old 02-05-2010, 05:05 PM   #32
capnq

Default Re: Hobbit Stone Throwing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Frost View Post
Well , a critical hit in Middle Earth Roll Playing System/Role Master where if you roll high enough on those open ended D100s you could have a spitball cause a troll to explode , implode , reduce to constituant atoms , dance a gig and then burst into flames .
Crits didn't take kindly in them there parts .
One of my brother's favorite war stories is about a thrown dagger that caused 10 [units, I forget RM's distance scale] knockback.

When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained. -- Mark Twain
capnq is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kromm explanation