Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin Collectible Card Game

Old 08-28-2018, 07:02 PM   #1
Oldpreach

Default Blarged? 1st printing random error questions and thoughts

I picked up a couple of boxes of 1st printing Blarg. I have opened one so far, and so far I can confirm that the trade off between the V and R vs. Bard and Ranger cards is holding up. Also, Warrior and Cleric seem heavy. Ranger is by far the least represented card. Then Bard. About half as many Ranger as Bard. If you are looking for Ranger and Bard cards, you're going to have a beer hard time.

First obvious question is: are we going to get a second printing that's corrected ? Maybe there is one already ? I'm not to up on everything. It seems like we are moving on to the next set quickly, so I'm concerned, as I like to play all the Hero classes.
Oldpreach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 05:20 AM   #2
FedPace

Default Re: Blarged? 1st printing random error questions and thoughts

I noticed the same thing. I thought I was just getting unlucky with Ranger cards.
FedPace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 08:56 AM   #3
Darryll
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldpreach View Post
I picked up a couple of boxes of 1st printing Blarg. I have opened one so far, and so far I can confirm that the trade off between the V and R vs. Bard and Ranger cards is holding up. Also, Warrior and Cleric seem heavy. Ranger is by far the least represented card. Then Bard. About half as many Ranger as Bard. If you are looking for Ranger and Bard cards, you're going to have a beer hard time.

First obvious question is: are we going to get a second printing that's corrected ? Maybe there is one already ? I'm not to up on everything. It seems like we are moving on to the next set quickly, so I'm concerned, as I like to play all the Hero classes.
Hey, good observations on this! Lots of little quirks with the 1st set that make it exciting to open a pack and check the pattern out.

That said, we did reprint and correct. These have arrived at our partner facility, so if you're looking to get your hands on the corrected rarity distribution, speak with your local store and see what he can do for you! As a note, the new boxes WILL NOT have the printing error sticker on them. This should make it clear for wrapped product what was affected and what was not.

I'll try to keep watch on this thread for follow-up questions, but I'm really bad about checking out the forums.

Thanks!

Project Manager
SJ Games
Darryll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 05:20 PM   #4
Oldpreach

Darryll,

Thanks for the response. Funny, we have the same last name. Glad to hear that there are corrected boxes out there. Just curious, do they say first printing on them ?
Old 08-30-2018, 04:10 AM   #5
Oldpreach

Fedpace, I sent you a PM.
Old 09-20-2018, 09:11 AM   #6
MIB.6361

Location: Phoenix, Arizona, USA, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Infinity.

Do we have any way of knowing, other than the lack of the orange warning in the wrapper, when the second printing is on the shelf?
I'd like to buy boosters from my store, but I'd prefer to get second printing since a full box of Blarg already front-loaded my collection.
Old 09-20-2018, 11:50 AM   #7
FedPace

Oldpreach, I replied and sent you a PM. Not sure if they're going through.
FedPace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 10:21 PM   #8
Oldpreach

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIB.6361 View Post
Do we have any way of knowing, other than the lack of the orange warning in the wrapper, when the second printing is on the shelf?
I'd like to buy boosters from my store, but I'd prefer to get second printing since a full box of Blarg already front-loaded my collection.
I have been told that if the box does not have the sticker, it's does not have the error.

I just laid out a box of blarg on the table. Only 10 ranger cards, 16:bard, but huge cleric and warrior numbers. Thief and wizard seem normal.

Fred, I missed your message, or was off the forum for awhile.