Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 03-21-2014, 10:18 AM   #11
Vaevictis Asmadi

Default Re: [Space] World Design errors?

Picking probabilities I like is far different from making up fictional stellar characteristics.

Published GURPS Settings
(as of 4/2013 -- I hope to update it someday...)
Vaevictis Asmadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 06:06 PM   #12
Fred Brackin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaevictis Asmadi View Post
Picking probabilities I like is far different from making up fictional stellar characteristics.
I can't see any relationship between the probabilities of plasma life(unknowable) and stellar characteristics.
Old 03-21-2014, 10:27 PM   #13
Vaevictis Asmadi

I agree, there isn't, so I'm confused why you brought it up in the first place. It seems like a tangent to me. I don't think it matters.

In any case, I have the rolls for what kind of star the system has separate from the rolls for what kind of life the alien is. They can give M9 to B for most lifeform types. There's a correction later to stellar age and possibly spectral type if the system is too young for complex life of that type to have evolved. Frex, intelligent life in liquid nitrogen needs at least 6 billion years to evolve on its own, so the star can't be hotter than F6.

Edit: It ill probably end up that nothing biochemical can evolve on un-terraformed planets in B-star-only systems, but I haven't got enough info on B star lifespans yet.

Published GURPS Settings
(as of 4/2013 -- I hope to update it someday...)

Last edited by Vaevictis Asmadi; 03-22-2014 at 02:06 PM.
Vaevictis Asmadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 01:22 PM   #14
Captain Joy

Agemegos is my goto guy for GURPS system generation stuff. Search these forums for his posts on the subject. This is a relevant post of his from elsewhere: http://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?...stem-generator
Captain Joy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
space, world building, world design