Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Board and Dice Games

Old 03-09-2023, 05:36 PM   #1
Nom

Default Triplanetary rules questions

Questions about the Triplanetary rules (questions are taken from the online version in case there are differences to version in latest box)

Counterattacks (p5)

When calculating range for counterattacks, do you base it on the active player’s movement?

Astral bodies (p7, also p4)

To land on Ceres or Clandestine, the ship must enter the hex then stop. Technically, the act of entering the hex causes a crash.
  • When is the stop / crash distinction evaluated?
  • Can a ship travel at speed 1 through Ceres or Clandestine without stopping (all other things being equal)?

Bases (p7-8)

I assume the 2nd last sentence “It is now treated as a planetary base” refers to orbital bases emplaced on planets, and not all bases?

Are planetary bases immune to non-nuke attack (it seems like it, but I couldn’t find an explicit rule)?

Can orbital bases engage in gun combat? I assume from the table on page 1 that an orbital base fights as a stationary ship (strength 16) rather using “planetary defenses”.

Can planetary bases be placed on any hex-side, or only in the indicated sites assuming there is no base there already? (e.g. Can Io hold 6 bases or only the one specific base?)

Looting and Capture (p8)

A disabled dreadnaught can still fire. Is it subject to looting and capture as normal?

Can a base be looted or captured?

Costs (P1,9)

When buying based on combat strength, is it correct that a Torch Ship and a Frigate both cost 8 combat points?

Scenarios - Prospecting (p13)

Is each hex limited to a single CT shard? If the CT shard is “left for later”, do we just mark the map and then erase if it is later collected or explodes?

Does fuel count for the purpose of victory points?
Nom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2023, 08:56 PM   #2
J. Durr

Default Re: Triplanetary rules questions

Also interested in these questions.
J. Durr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2023, 04:52 AM   #3
RogerBW

For whatever reason, no SJGames staff member has answered questions about Triplanetary since the reprint came out. I think it's up to the fan community (here and on BGG) to come up with answers for ourselves.
RogerBW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2023, 10:43 AM   #4
sir_pudding
Wielder of Smart Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerBW View Post
For whatever reason, no SJGames staff member has answered questions about Triplanetary since the reprint came out. I think it's up to the fan community (here and on BGG) to come up with answers for ourselves.
I've gotten answers in the Discord.
sir_pudding is offline   Reply With Quote