Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Illuminati Headquarters > SJ Games Discussion

Old 07-06-2022, 12:11 PM   #81
alforno

Default Re: What would you like to see on #SJGamesLIVE?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmpappas View Post
Fox. More Fox. Even more Fox. Heck, all the Fox.
Today was the most entertaining game I've ever seen on #SJGames Live, and that includes the entire YouTube video library. Respect for Jimmie and Randy, but Fox was definitely the catalyst.
Hire, bribe, blackmail, or whatever it takes to make this gaming force of nature a regular.
The opposite of this tbh. Fox is toxic as hell and if SJG were smart, they'd distance from her. I knew nothing about her before watching the livestreams. She seemed nice as first, but then I followed her on twitter and man, she is extremely raunchy and intolerant of anyone with different views than her. There's enough of that kind of stuff without having to see it infiltrate our hobbies. My adivce is to find gamers for the stream that are fun and not so negative and divisive.
alforno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2022, 01:37 AM   #82
Christopher R. Rice

Quote:
Originally Posted by alforno View Post
The opposite of this tbh. Fox is toxic as hell and if SJG were smart, they'd distance from her. I knew nothing about her before watching the livestreams. She seemed nice as first, but then I followed her on twitter and man, she is extremely raunchy and intolerant of anyone with different views than her. There's enough of that kind of stuff without having to see it infiltrate our hobbies. My adivce is to find gamers for the stream that are fun and not so negative and divisive.
I've known Fox a long time and that does not describe her.

Latest GURPS Book: Dungeon Fantasy Denizens: Thieves
Latest TFT Book: The Sunken Library

Become a Patron!
Christopher R. Rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2022, 07:27 AM   #83
Mack_JB

New member joins and immediately finds an old thread to complain about someone's views.

Last edited by sjard; 07-07-2022 at 11:17 PM. Reason: removed bit about personal problem
Mack_JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2022, 01:14 PM   #84
alforno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack_JB View Post
New member joins and immediately finds an old thread to complain about someone's views.
Being a new member and reading the last posts of the forum threads is probably not as uncommon as you might think. This your fallacious argument against me to imply my thoughts shouldn't matter? You didn't refute anything I wrote.

Not everyone holds radical views and giving intolerant people a platform seems like a bad move for business. I'd rather see people on the streams who are focused on the games, and having fun. Having agit-prop shoved in my face is a downer.

Last edited by sjard; 07-07-2022 at 11:20 PM. Reason: Edited to remove personal attacks
Old 07-07-2022, 01:40 PM   #85
alforno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher R. Rice View Post
I've known Fox a long time and that does not describe her.
It's possible that we have different views and values, so maybe it's subjective. For a regular gamer dude like myself, she is as I described her. It seems rather toxic when she tweets to her followers that breaking the law is fine when it comes to issues regarding illegal medical procedures on children. Tweeting that people who disagreed with her about something can "kiss my buttohle" seems raunchy. I've since unfollowed her, but figured others might be too afraid of being socially lynched for saying anything about it. I get it though, you like that stuff.

Last edited by sjard; 07-07-2022 at 11:22 PM. Reason: removed personal attack
Old 07-07-2022, 06:53 PM   #86
Aleph
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by alforno View Post
Being a new member and reading the last posts of the forum threads is probably not as uncommon as you might think. This your fallacious argument against me to imply my thoughts shouldn't matter? You didn't refute anything I wrote, instead telling me it's my personal problem. You have no manners.

Not everyone holds radical views and giving intolerant people a platform seems like a bad move for business. I'd rather see people on the streams who are focused on the games, and having fun. Having agit-prop shoved in my face is a downer.
Fox has been with us both as an employee in the past, a playtester, and an occasional stream guest for many years now. She brings her A game to the streams and testing whenever we have her on and is a great person to work with.

Nothing is being "shoved in your face" when you go out of your way to track down a guest's personal accounts to view their personal opinions outside of their work with us.

If you're attempting to get her 'de-platformed' here because you sought out her opinions and disagree with them, you're not going to find any luck with that.
Aleph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2022, 07:14 PM   #87
alforno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleph View Post
Fox has been with us both as an employee in the past, a playtester, and an occasional stream guest for many years now. She brings her A game to the streams and testing whenever we have her on and is a great person to work with.

Nothing is being "shoved in your face" when you go out of your way to track down a guest's personal accounts to view their personal opinions outside of their work with us.

If you're attempting to get her 'de-platformed' here because you sought out her opinions and disagree with them, you're not going to find any luck with that.
I followed a bunch of the SJG people thinking I'd be treated to content about the hobby I love. It was disappointing to see such intolerant views being pushed by Fox and so I'm relaying that disappointment as a response to someone saying that they wanted to see more of her. It struck me as being rather extreme. I don't want anyone "de-platformed", as you call it.
Old 07-07-2022, 08:01 PM   #88
Aleph
Administrator

I've never known Fox to be intolerant. I suspect you are engaging with something called the paradox of tolerance.

Either way, I'm inviting you to end this line of discussion before it turns to the political.
Aleph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2022, 11:16 PM   #89
sjard
Stick in the Mud

<Moderator>
A reminder that personal attacks are not allowed on these boards.
You can argue a point of discussion, but when you start referring to the person making the post in a negative, or even potentially negative manner you have crossed a line.
Please do not do this.

Thank you.
</Moderator>
MIB #1457
sjard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2022, 06:36 AM   #90
alforno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleph View Post
I've never known Fox to be intolerant. I suspect you are engaging with something called the paradox of tolerance.

Either way, I'm inviting you to end this line of discussion before it turns to the political.
Yeah, I already expressed my thoughts on the matter and defended my position in a respectful manner. I definitely would love to see SJG disengage from politics and focus on gaming. Regards.

Tags
sjgameslive, supersecretshow