Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 11-29-2013, 06:27 PM   #11
AlexAB

Default Re: Help me create some fantasy nymph templates!

That works too! Though I like the idea of rolling per adventure,like a duty. Maybe combine both?

Also, I realized the description of seasonal doesn't fit plant nymphs very well in summer. The thing about getting tempestuous would fit better a wind nymph (sylph?) instead, I guess. Plants are pretty neutral during summer, I think so maybe leave her without any mental disadvantage then, and reduce the value (Well, increase, really) to -15?
AlexAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 07:12 PM   #12
Dwarf99

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexAB View Post
That works too! Though I like the idea of rolling per adventure,like a duty. Maybe combine both?

Also, I realized the description of seasonal doesn't fit plant nymphs very well in summer. The thing about getting tempestuous would fit better a wind nymph (sylph?) instead, I guess. Plants are pretty neutral during summer, I think so maybe leave her without any mental disadvantage then, and reduce the value (Well, increase, really) to -15?
Take the base value of your OPH plus your Obsession and write it up as an entirely new advantage to which Self Control applies. Since limitations still reduce the value of a disadvantage, having the lovey dovey mood not strike in a season is 25% of the time, so it takes an Accessibility limitation based on time afflicted by it as given in GURPS Powers.

So if she has Fickle Heart and Seasonal, Chronic Depression affects winter so that's a -10% limitation on Fickle Heart. If she also doesn't care about doing anything in the spring, or summer except basking in the glow of the sun it's a -20% limitation on Fickle Heart (You could consider that Low Empathy). If she has the plant passivity during two seasons, plus the Chronic Depression in winter then Fickle Heart is active 25% of the time. It could be written up thusly:

one season of growing:
Fickle Heart (Not during Low Empathy or Chronic Depression -20%)
Low Empathy (one season -30%)
Chronic Depression (one season -30%)

two seasons of growing
Fickle Heart (Not during Low Empathy or Chronic Depression -30%)
Low Empathy (Half the year, -20%)
Chronic Depression (one season -30%)

My recommendation on Fickle Heart is 10 points unless you consider Clingy OPH to be -10 alone.

Last edited by Dwarf99; 11-29-2013 at 07:17 PM.
Dwarf99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 07:44 PM   #13
AlexAB

Actually, I thought of fickle heart as a disadvantage for muses, while the seasonal thing would be for tree nymphs (dryads?). The idea behind fickle heart is that a muse will frequently feel the need to inspire someone in the game to something (arts, scientific pursuits, philosophy, etc). The dryad on the other hand, I thought it would be cool if she changed just like trees do during seasons.

Of course, the way you put it works pretty nice, too!
AlexAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 08:14 PM   #14
roguebfl
Dog of Lysdexics

You might ask yourself Do the count as Fae in your world? If so they bound not to say a literal falsehood (you can use misleading truths though) and Have issues with Iron.

As most nymphs are not really season they probable wild fae rather belonging to one of the two courts.
roguebfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 08:24 PM   #15
Dwarf99

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexAB View Post
Of course, the way you put it works pretty nice, too!
Thanks, and you can always nix either Chronic Depression or Low Empathy depending on which aren't present. This increases the disadvantage from your Fickle Heart.
Dwarf99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 08:25 AM   #16
Not another shrubbery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyndaran View Post
3red edition had Capricious -15 for that kind of unpredictable emotional volatility.
GURPS Dragons equated Capricious to an OPH (see the Whimsical lens on p65 and p150).
Not another shrubbery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 10:10 AM   #17
jason taylor

Try Gurps Faerie.

Disad: Chummy

Quirk: Fond of Children,

SoD: Artimis

Skill: Sex Appeal

For a darker version, it can be Fond of ABDUCTING Children For Pets. Either will do. Perhaps even both.

Tags
fantasy, nature, nymph, nymphs, template