Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Old 09-16-2012, 04:28 PM   #1
Zaknafen

Default Epic Munchkin

I haven't been playing Munchkin that long and have a few questions about Epic Munchkin. Do you get the loot from both monsters killed in combat?

Here are a few things that me and my fiancée have tried to implement when we are playing by ourselves...
1: Monsters under level 10 double in power and if they get any bonuses due to class, race, or sex those apply after the doubling.
2: I was also thinking of adding in that monsters level 5 and lower triple in power.

When we play even using the double for monster 10 and below above we still feel that there are too many treasures that you receive after defeating the monsters. For example for 2 monsters killed may grant 7 treasures and this causes you to scale up way faster than the monsters. If you try to beef up the monsters by adding +bonuses for example +10 you get additional treasures.

Additional rules we are going to test...
3: Double all monster enhancers so +5 would then be +10 and +10 would go to +20.
4: After hitting Epic status all potions triple, so it's not longer +2 it's +6, and +3 becomes +9.

Please feel free to give us any feed back you feel may help us in future games, thanks for taking the time to read my post and reply if you do.
Zaknafen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 06:54 PM   #2
RL

Default Re: Epic Munchkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaknafen View Post
Do you get the loot from both monsters killed in combat?
Yes. It's pretty much identical to the situation in regular Munchkin where someone wanders in a monster. You get the levels and treasures for both monsters.