Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2010, 06:57 PM   #31
Kimbo

Default Re: Boosters I'd like to see

For Fantasy I'd like to see a booster of Harsh Curses. Stuff like Curse! You Die that is perhaps too mean for a regular set, but that works well in a booster format for the griefer market segment (like my group) - who enjoy doing cruel things to each other.
Old 10-17-2010, 07:50 PM   #32
Munchykin

Yeah, I'd like to see some more powerful game changing cards. The original sets seem to have some cards that can help turn the game around if you fall way behind (annihilation, transferal potion, wand of dowsing, etc..), but they seem to be lacking in the expansions. It feels like the more sets you add, the less likely you are to draw cards that will help get you back into the game and keep it close and competitive.
Old 10-17-2010, 08:18 PM   #33
Nakiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimbo View Post
For Fantasy I'd like to see a booster of Harsh Curses. Stuff like Curse! You Die that is perhaps too mean for a regular set, but that works well in a booster format for the griefer market segment (like my group) - who enjoy doing cruel things to each other.
I was going to suggest a booster like this as well, everyone likes curses!
MiB #3872
Old 10-17-2010, 08:50 PM   #34
Arcnarenth

I do like the idea of the harsher curses and such. One of my favorite cards from Munchkin Fu is Spinning Back Kick which essentially penalizes a player for cursing you. I think a card similar to that would work well in a set like what's been suggested. Harsh curses, yes, but also harsh counters to being cursed.
Old 10-17-2010, 10:09 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchykin View Post
Yeah, I'd like to see some more powerful game changing cards. The original sets seem to have some cards that can help turn the game around if you fall way behind (annihilation, transferal potion, wand of dowsing, etc..), but they seem to be lacking in the expansions. It feels like the more sets you add, the less likely you are to draw cards that will help get you back into the game and keep it close and competitive.
That is one aspect of the game that my group loves (it’s hard to shake off from our ccg days). Heck, I even asked the Czar about it in the last chat, which let me say thanks again for answering all my questions. The potent curses and large monsters would also be a plus.
Old 10-22-2010, 05:25 PM   #36
Dr. Mauric

I'd love to see a booster for The Good The Bad and The Munchkin and/or Super Munchkin- more capes!
Old 10-23-2010, 08:28 AM   #37
ComBAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Mauric View Post
I'd love to see a booster for The Good The Bad and The Munchkin and/or Super Munchkin- more capes!
I completely agree with the GBM. That one has a lot of potential, but it currently doesn't have enough game changing cards. Munchkins seem to get powerful quickly in it and the game ends fast. It could use more cards to help stop combats.
Old 10-23-2010, 01:10 PM   #38
RL

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComBAT View Post
I completely agree with the GBM. That one has a lot of potential, but it currently doesn't have enough game changing cards. Munchkins seem to get powerful quickly in it and the game ends fast.
That's where Munchkin Blender and Munchkin 7: More Good Cards come in handy.

Last edited by RL; 10-23-2010 at 01:22 PM.
Old 10-25-2010, 07:48 AM   #39
ComBAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad Cloman View Post
That's where Munchkin Blender and Munchkin 7: More Good Cards come in handy.
I agree, but for the essence to retaining the same deck and base set it is something I'd be quite interested in.

Last edited by ComBAT; 10-25-2010 at 07:55 AM.
Old 10-25-2010, 09:34 AM   #40
bigjohn

I wonder about a Munchkin set that is all Military themed
"A Few Good Munchkins" Classes could represent various service branches

There should be an expansion for "The good, The bad, and the Munchkin." maybe "Magnificent Munchkins" or "Support your local Munchkin"
Closed Thread

Tags
boosters, suggestions