Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 03-25-2013, 07:34 PM   #101
Adina

Default Re: Lord of the Rings Elven Racial Template

Quote:
BTW, did Agemegos and all his posts evaporate or something?
The poster formerly known as Agemegos now goes by Brett.
Adina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 07:51 PM   #102
NineDaysDead
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaevictis Asmadi View Post
Complete Healing []
cannot suffer permanently crippling wounds unless a body part is actually severed. don’t get scars except from unusually bad wounds (poisoned, ?? or more HP in one blow, inflicted by an Úmaia, severed/removed part, or designed to cause a scar
Perk: No Nuisance Roll; Crippling Recovery rolls [1]
All crippling injuries are temporary. Dismemberment is still permanent.
Prerequisite: HT (+ rapid healing bonus) 16+
NineDaysDead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 09:50 AM   #103
Vaevictis Asmadi

Edit: Ah, I see "all crippling injuries are temporary" is an effect you're giving to the perk. I misunderstood.

The Rapid Healing bonus to such rolls won't make failure impossible, so that is still an advantage. You think a perk? I was not going to say they can't be lasting.

I note that Rapid Healing does not make the recovery of lasting crippling injuries faster, though. Maybe that would be a Regeneration (Very Slow) thing at 5 pts? Or roll it into the perk? I'm thinking subtract 2 months from total duration of any lasting crippling injury, down to a minimum of 1 month.

Complete Healing [1]
Crippling injuries are never permanent. On a critical failure on your HT roll to recover, the injury is lasting. On an ordinary failure, the injury is lasting, but divide recovery time by 2. Dismemberment is still permanent. Injuries cause no scars unless they are unusually bad (poisoned, HP/5 or more in one blow, inflicted by an Úmaia, dismemberment or lost piece of flesh, extremely ragged, or designed to cause a scar) Prerequisite: HT 13+. (physical, exotic)

Published GURPS Settings
(as of 4/2013 -- I hope to update it someday...)

Last edited by Vaevictis Asmadi; 03-27-2013 at 12:29 PM.
Vaevictis Asmadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 11:06 AM   #104
NineDaysDead
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaevictis Asmadi View Post
Edit: Ah, I see "all crippling injuries are temporary" is an effect you're giving to the perk. I misunderstood.

The Rapid Healing bonus to such rolls won't make failure impossible, so that is still an advantage. You think a perk? I was not going to say they can't be lasting.

I note that Rapid Healing does not make the recovery of lasting crippling injuries faster, though. Maybe that would be a Regeneration (Very Slow) thing at 5 pts? I'm thinking subtract 2 months from total duration of any lasting crippling injury, down to a minimum of 1 month.
Normal Crippling Recovery Rules:
Success: Crippling is temporary (Heals when HP do).
Failure: Crippling is lasting (Heals 1d6 months).
Critical Failure: Crippling is permanent.

With an effective HT of 16 (HT 16, HT 11+Rapid Healing, HT 14+Very Fit, etc...)

16 or less: Crippling is temporary (Heals when HP do).
17: Crippling is lasting (Heals 1d6 months).
18: Crippling is permanent.

With the perk you can assume automatic success meaning all Crippling injuries are temporary. Dismemberment is still permanent.

Alternatively, take the "Extra Option" perk, and use the no "No Permanent Crippling" rules from supers:
Quote:
The standard rules for crippled abilities in GURPS Powers provide for temporary or lasting crippling of abilities, but not for permanent crippling. In a fourcolor campaign, crippling bodily injuries can be treated the same way. To achieve this, treat permanent crippling injuries as lasting, lasting as temporary, and temporary as producing no crippling effects.
Alternatively, here's a perk I came up with:

Perk: Limited Regrowth
Prerequisite: Effective HT of 16 for healing (HT 16, HT 11+Rapid Healing, HT 14+Very Fit, etc...)

You heal amazingly well, Body parts must be separated from you from you to not heal perfectly (You can not regrow lost body parts).

1. Permanent Crippling now lasts (1d-3*, minimum 1) months, and lasting Crippling now lasts (1d-3*, minimum 1) weeks. (effectively your natural healing is as good as treatment from a physician and surgery). This includes HT lost after recovering from mortal wounds.
*Not cumulative with being treated by a physician.

2. Any attempt at Bone-setting on you (Bio-tech page 131, Low tech companion 1 page 25) will automatically Critically Succeed.
3. Scars (including a roll of 12-13 on the Critical Head Blow Table) only last until you are fully healed, at which point they disappear.
4. If you have Very Rapid Healing or Regeneration the duration of failure and critical failure when recovering from Crippling injuries is reduced; find the normal recovery time in days and divide by 2 if you have Very Rapid Healing or 3 if you have Regeneration: Slow; read “days” as “hours,” “minutes,” or “seconds” if Regeneration: Regular, Fast, or Very Fast; or use the Very Fast time divided by 10 if Regeneration: Extreme.
5. When recovering from surgery, Lost ST and DX are fully recovered when HP are fully recovered.
6. When reattaching your (or parts cloned from you) severed body parts to you, this negates the -3 penalty. Dismemberment is still permanent without surgery.
7. Crushing, impaling, piercing, and tight-beam burning attacks must inflict 4 X the normal crippling threshold amount to sever the body part. (See High-Tech page 162)
NineDaysDead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 12:30 PM   #105
Vaevictis Asmadi

I think I'll combine half of the supers perk with half of "never gets scars". (I edited it into post 103) They still can be crippled or scarred without dismemberment, it's just very rare.

Your last perk is so complicated... I don't think I could use that, unfortunately.

Published GURPS Settings
(as of 4/2013 -- I hope to update it someday...)
Vaevictis Asmadi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lotr, racial template