Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 08-09-2019, 10:30 AM   #11
maximara
On Notice

Default Re: Infinity Thumbnail: Mod (Quantum 3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe Lane View Post
...That way lies madness, neighbor. :)

Seriously, though, I really don't know how to untangle the canon knot, here. I know that it makes more thematic sense for what I want to accomplish with this writeup if the Centrans on Mod don't know a darned thing about the Infinity War at first. I dunno. Maybe Interworld buried all the details of their disastrous attempt, instead of what I wrote originally. Or maybe they thought something else was going on, which is why they tried one last time with Krypton-1. Or, hey, this contradicts canon. :)
There is the old DC trick of 'create another Earth' option :-)

The Centrums are from a Centrum that went a slightly different path from either the Centrum Alternate History 2 or Infinite Worlds. This ironically would explain Centrum-Beta-2 which, AFAWK, still has no world war (and possibly an intact London as well) in its 1910 despite being an echo of Centrum.
maximara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 03:46 PM   #12
Moe Lane

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximara View Post
There is the old DC trick of 'create another Earth' option :-)

The Centrums are from a Centrum that went a slightly different path from either the Centrum Alternate History 2 or Infinite Worlds. This ironically would explain Centrum-Beta-2 which, AFAWK, still has no world war (and possibly an intact London as well) in its 1910 despite being an echo of Centrum.
Oh, that's one good possible answer. Aside from everything else, it would freak out Interworld, because they're already convinced that having Secundus around and so close is messing with the entire multiverse. Having derivative echoes crop up like this would bolster that argument.

Moe Lane.com
Moe Lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 07:10 PM   #13
maximara
On Notice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe Lane View Post
Oh, that's one good possible answer. Aside from everything else, it would freak out Interworld, because they're already convinced that having Secundus around and so close is messing with the entire multiverse. Having derivative echoes crop up like this would bolster that argument.
Finding a Centrum-2 (or 3) would worry Interworld because they have something only seen with Secundus: working native parachronic technology.

Also I can't find where I read it but there was something where the reason for the nuking of London in 1903 on an Echo was a desperate attempt by Interworld to stop a chain reaction caused by them moving an echo to form a beachhead against Secundus.

Not only did the reality go to the wrong quantum (out of Centrum's reach) but the shift caused other realities to shift quantum in a sort of domino effect.

More over Centrum-2 (and 3 as well) would not be in the Echo band (Quantum 6-7) but in Quantum 8 (and have always been there per those version's equipment) which would throw nearly everything the different versions of Interworld know about Echoes out the window.

Something like Paradox-1 would totally terrify Interworld as they have a collection of Homeline like realities blundering along finding and altering Echos willy nilly.

Last edited by maximara; 08-09-2019 at 08:51 PM.
maximara is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
infinity, mod, moe lane, timelines