Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 01-01-2018, 06:51 PM   #1
Drakyrias

Default Marvel/DC World-Character Supers Building

I'm doing a DC-Marvel combo universe Supers game and several canon characters will be or already have made appearances. Looking for some help in building sheets for when my players are foolish enough to pick a fight with any of them.

The game is set in Gotham, I've already built my Batman (set close to year 1 stats).

Currently looking for help with:

Black Mask, Catwoman, Killer Croc, various members of the X-men, Blade, Spiderman, Constantine, Dr. Strange

Characters that I've stated will not appear are: The Flash and Superman

We use Classic/3rd edition rules augmented some with 4th edition elements.

Any help for advantages/disads, etc is appreciates.
Drakyrias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 07:21 PM   #2
Refplace

Default Re: Marvel/DC World-Character Supers Building

There is a Marvel Rebbot thread Phantasm just added to today and a DC thread with fewer charecters.
My List of GURPS You Tube videos (plus a few other useful items)
My GURPS Wiki entries
Refplace is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 08:12 PM   #3
Drakyrias

Can you link the thread for the DC one? I found the marvel reboot
Old 01-01-2018, 08:33 PM   #4
Refplace

Found it
http://forums.sjgames.com/showthread.php?t=133199
My GURPS Wiki entries
Old 01-02-2018, 02:57 AM   #5
Phantasm

I don't think Constantine ever fully got statted. There was a thread for him, which should help give ideas, but I'm not seeing any sheets.

Which X-Men are you looking for? I've done only a handful in my thread (Angel, Beast, Cyclops, Iceman, Marvel Girl (Jean), Professor X, Havok, Polaris, Phoenix (Rachel), Rogue (before she permanently absorbed Carol Danvers's powers and personality), Storm (search for "Wind-Rider"), and Wolverine). I've got versions of Spidey and Dr. Strange - and more than a few villains you can use. :) I haven't yet done Blade, but I have a template for vampires you can use to figure him out.

Aesir23's thread has a Catwoman and Killer Croc statted already; not sure if anyone's statted Black Mask yet.

"But mom, I don't wanna go back in the dungeon!"

The GURPS Marvel Universe Reboot Project A-G, H-R, and S-Z, and its not-a-wiki-really web adaptation.
Ranoc, a Muskets-and-Magery Renaissance Fantasy Setting
Phantasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 10:16 AM   #6
Drakyrias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantasm View Post
I don't think Constantine ever fully got statted. There was a thread for him, which should help give ideas, but I'm not seeing any sheets.

Which X-Men are you looking for? I've done only a handful in my thread (Angel, Beast, Cyclops, Iceman, Marvel Girl (Jean), Professor X, Havok, Polaris, Phoenix (Rachel), Rogue (before she permanently absorbed Carol Danvers's powers and personality), Storm (search for "Wind-Rider"), and Wolverine). I've got versions of Spidey and Dr. Strange - and more than a few villains you can use. :) I haven't yet done Blade, but I have a template for vampires you can use to figure him out.

Aesir23's thread has a Catwoman and Killer Croc statted already; not sure if anyone's statted Black Mask yet.
I've already bookmarked and downloaded your reboot site and pdf respectfully soon as I was told about it and found it. Its an excellent resource for me to start any build even though I use 3rd edition rules.

Though I would like a post Carol Danvers encounter version of Rogue.

My version of Wolverine includes resurrection I used a limited version of invulnerability to apply to just his bones since the adamantium is supposed to be truly indestructable I didn't want any confusions. But I'm not nearly as proficient at builds in this system as you seem to be.

Looking through it I did just note that Griffin seems to be without any actual stats?

I'm also kind of uncertain how to handle gods dynamics. Since I'm doing a mashup of DC and Marvel, one of the features of gods in DC is that deities feed on the energies of the things they are gods over (which is why Ares is so much more powerful when near active conflict sites).
Old 01-02-2018, 12:38 PM   #7
Refplace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakyrias View Post
I'm also kind of uncertain how to handle gods dynamics. Since I'm doing a mashup of DC and Marvel, one of the features of gods in DC is that deities feed on the energies of the things they are gods over (which is why Ares is so much more powerful when near active conflict sites).
An easy way is to give them extra power levels with an Accessibility limitation.
Another I just thought of while respomding is to let them "Push" or use Extra Effort with a bonus near where they should be stronger.
You can also give them Weakness if there is nothing appropriate nearby but IMHO gods should weaken and die much more slowly.
IN GURPS Fourth edition I have also used the Maintenance disadvantage and The Horde limitation from Power Ups Limitations.
My GURPS Wiki entries
Old 01-02-2018, 12:51 PM   #8
Drakyrias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Refplace View Post
An easy way is to give them extra power levels with an Accessibility limitation.
Another I just thought of while respomding is to let them "Push" or use Extra Effort with a bonus near where they should be stronger.
You can also give them Weakness if there is nothing appropriate nearby but IMHO gods should weaken and die much more slowly.
IN GURPS Fourth edition I have also used the Maintenance disadvantage and The Horde limitation from Power Ups Limitations.
It was actually my only real criticism of the Wonder Woman movie. You can't kill Ares in the middle of a world war, on a battlefield. He's just too juiced at that point.
Old 01-02-2018, 12:56 PM   #9
Phantasm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakyrias View Post
Though I would like a post Carol Danvers encounter version of Rogue.
Quick and easy way: Take the power set I cooked up for Doctor Minerva, including the 50-ton Strength lens, remove the energy blasts, give Rogue some Resistance to Telepathy (+8, I'd say) and Split Personality (to represent taking on some of Carol's personality traits, including 0-point features such as her accent), and finish it off some of Carol's skills.

Quote:
Looking through it I did just note that Griffin seems to be without any actual stats?
I'm still working on a number of them, including Griffin. One thing with the PDF is that any entry whose name is in italics is still "under development". He shouldn't be too hard to figure out; I'm still working on his bio, which I always try to get done before starting on stats.

Quote:
I'd probably use Higher Purpose - possibly even a leveled variant - to give the gods a bonus.

(To be honest, I'm amused by the possibility of Marvel!Herc being Wonder Woman's dad (since Herc was the last - and possibly only - man Hippolyta slept with in the few days immediately prior to her death and resurrection). I don't like the "Zeus is Diana's father" bit, as it smacks of someone at DC not knowing the myth of how Hippolyta died during Herc's labor to retrieve her golden girdle. Having the lovable lout that's Marvel!Herc realizing he's got a surviving daughter who he never knew about for 3000 years and trying to do some father-daughter bonding with a daughter whose attitude toward men tends to be "are you kidding me?" just brings a smile to my face.)

"But mom, I don't wanna go back in the dungeon!"

The GURPS Marvel Universe Reboot Project A-G, H-R, and S-Z, and its not-a-wiki-really web adaptation.
Ranoc, a Muskets-and-Magery Renaissance Fantasy Setting

Last edited by Phantasm; 01-06-2018 at 09:07 AM.
Phantasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 12:08 AM   #10
Drakyrias

Looking for help building Venom/Carnage, Constantine, Swamp-Thing, Gambit, and Nightcrawler, Phantasm has warned me that the reboot project he does won't be including the Marvel characters for a while at the very least

Tags
3rd edition, supers, world building