Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Old 04-05-2021, 07:13 AM   #1
Ikto

Default Is interfering positively with a fight actually helping?

Hi, I'm new to the game and I have a doubt I can't seem to find an answer, can you please help me?

Can I ask for treasures and help someone fighting a monster using only one-shot cards without actually joining the fight? So that if the fight goes south I don't have to try to escape the monster, but still get all the benefits of helping (getting treasures)?
In that case the treasures are drawn face-up?
Thank you in advice for the help!
Ikto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 08:27 AM   #2
Mister Ed

Default Re: Is interfering positively with a fight actually helping?

You can only make a deal for "Treasure" if you are in the fight. If nobody but the original Munchkin is actually in the fight, then the treasures are drawn face down.

You could try to make a deal where you said, "I'll play this card to help you, if you agree that, if you win, you will play any Go Up a Level cards you get as treasure on me", or "if you agree to give me an item of my choice that you have in play", since those are things is it legal for them to do whether you are in the fight or not. But they cannot just give you cards they draw as treasure unless you are part of the fight.

Those cards go into their hand (without you even seeing them, if they had no actual helper in the battle), and they can only give them to you if they are items that they play first then "trade" to you for nothing, or cards that they are allowed to play on you, like GUAL cards. (Or, I guess, if you are the lowest level character, and they give them to you as Charity to reduce their hand size at the end of the turn.)
Mister Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 09:18 AM   #3
Ikto

Default Re: Is interfering positively with a fight actually helping?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Ed View Post
You can only make a deal for "Treasure" if you are in the fight. If nobody but the original Munchkin is actually in the fight, then the treasures are drawn face down.

You could try to make a deal where you said, "I'll play this card to help you, if you agree that, if you win, you will play any Go Up a Level cards you get as treasure on me", or "if you agree to give me an item of my choice that you have in play", since those are things is it legal for them to do whether you are in the fight or not. But they cannot just give you cards they draw as treasure unless you are part of the fight.

Those cards go into their hand (without you even seeing them, if they had no actual helper in the battle), and they can only give them to you if they are items that they play first then "trade" to you for nothing, or cards that they are allowed to play on you, like GUAL cards. (Or, I guess, if you are the lowest level character, and they give them to you as Charity to reduce their hand size at the end of the turn.)
This was very clear, thank you so much!
Ikto is offline   Reply With Quote