Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 08-08-2015, 08:15 PM   #1
Soultpp

Default [3E] Full coordination question

A thought occurred to me and the book doesn't have an obvious answer so I figured I'd ask the community.

Full coordination increases the number of attacks per round (expensively but yeah) but would it increase the number of parries allowed?

Would a person with FC at Lv1 be able to parry twice like they can attack twice? Or would parries be completely unaffected?

It seemed logical to me that it would help parries the same way it helps attacks, especially considering how expensive it is, but I thought I would get a second opinion.
Soultpp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 08:41 PM   #2
malloyd

Default Re: [3E] Full coordination question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soultpp View Post
A thought occurred to me and the book doesn't have an obvious answer so I figured I'd ask the community.

Full coordination increases the number of attacks per round (expensively but yeah) but would it increase the number of parries allowed?.
That's not what Full Coordination does. It lets you use an additional hand to attack each turn. It doesn't let you make a second attack with the same weapon, you need a second one in your other hand. Since *anybody* can parry once per weapon already, no, it doesn't really gain you anything defensively.
Old 08-08-2015, 08:56 PM   #3
Soultpp

Well yeah, I did understand how FC worked, just kinda said it wrong. I just had not realized that having an offhand weapon readied allowed an extra parry already with that hand.

Thanks for clearing that up.
Soultpp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 09:15 PM   #4
malloyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soultpp View Post
Well yeah, I did understand how FC worked, just kinda said it wrong. I just had not realized that having an offhand weapon readied allowed an extra parry already with that hand.

Thanks for clearing that up.
It's on p.B99, if you have two weapons, you can parry twice.