Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin 101

Closed Thread

Old 08-04-2016, 11:12 PM   #1
toshironikko

Default AT Munchkin Magic Man question

Magic Man says when entering combat with him apply the first two curses in the door discard pile to the person fighting him. If Curse! Unacceptable!!! (Chose an item and discard it. All players much choose an item of equal or greater value to discard or lose a level) is one of them does the 2nd half of that curse still affect everyone - having to choose an equal or greater value item to discard?
Old 08-05-2016, 06:58 AM   #2
Andrew Hackard
Munchkin Line Editor

Default Re: AT Munchkin Magic Man question

Yes, it does.

Let people like what they like. Don't be a gamer hater.

#PlayMunchkin on social media: Twitter || Facebook || Instagram || YouTube
Follow us on Kickstarter: Steve Jackson Games and Warehouse 23
Old 08-05-2016, 05:54 PM   #3
RZS-Traie

Here is my take on it plus two others... Toshie Busted the Door down Magic Man appeared before him and Instantly in combat.

Card Reads:
http://i873.photobucket.com/albums/a...psisz7jg2g.png

As He enters combat, the player[s] in combat suffer the effects of the top two Curses in the Door Discards!

Toshie Suffered from one Curse but Didnt have foot gear to loose so that didnt have any effect on him.

But the Second one:

Unacceptable!!!
(Choose an item and discard it. All players must choose an item of equal or greater value to discard or lose a level) is one of them does the 2nd half of that curse still affect everyone - having to choose an equal or greater value item to discard.

Wouldnt It ONLY EFFECT Toshie, Since HE is the only one in combat at the time of the Busted Door, and has to Suffer both Curses by himself?

I mean I understand the Curse Unacceptable DOES effect all Players but, Toshie Busted the DOOR down and out popped Magic Man and his Curse to set Two Curses on the Player[s] in combat with him.

The Entire Board wasnt in combat at the time, which from what I understand is only one person can help at a time UNLESS specified by a card of some type.
Old 08-05-2016, 06:12 PM   #4
toshironikko

the curse itself specifies all players
Old 08-05-2016, 08:02 PM   #5
RZS-Traie

BUT reverting back to the OG card you first Drew, Magic Man, it applies only to YOU, and you alone since you are the only one or was in combat at the time you busted the door
Old 08-05-2016, 09:49 PM   #6
toshironikko

you are just ignoring the curse at that point - the curse apples to me - i have to choose an item to discard - the rest of the curse makes everyone else have to discard an item - the main thing with magic man is that it can also apply curses to other ppl in combat with it via a wondering monster card - if someone else was helping me and magic man was played via wandering monster we both would have to discard items and everyone would have to discard items twice - because thats what the curse does

Last edited by toshironikko; 08-05-2016 at 09:57 PM.
Old 08-05-2016, 09:53 PM   #7
Andrew Hackard
Munchkin Line Editor

Please don't carry out a private argument on the forums. We'll review the ruling next week, after Gen Con, and if it needs to be changed, we'll change it.

Let people like what they like. Don't be a gamer hater.

#PlayMunchkin on social media: Twitter || Facebook || Instagram || YouTube
Follow us on Kickstarter: Steve Jackson Games and Warehouse 23
Old 08-05-2016, 10:04 PM   #8
toshironikko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Hackard View Post
Please don't carry out a private argument on the forums. We'll review the ruling next week, after Gen Con, and if it needs to be changed, we'll change it.
sorry about that - its just that i think if a curse is applied to someone because of magic man - if the curse itself involves others players (like the curse that has the person to your left and the person to your right get a card from your hand) it still affects them ^ the argument was because the wording on the card make it seem like the curse ONLY affects the person(s) in combat with it but there are curses that also involve others =(
Closed Thread

Tags
curse, magic man, unacceptable