Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Illuminati Headquarters > Daily Illuminator

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-11-2018, 10:35 AM   #11
Skarg

Default Re: June 9, 2018: The Fantasy Trip: Wizard Cover!

Although the art is well done, as a front cover and therefore visual representation of the game to players, I think it's much weaker than the original Wizard covers.

For a front cover for a game, this new Wizard cover art doesn't evoke much of what Wizard is (a deadly magical arena combat game) and it is rather generic and shows almost nothing unique to communicate why this game would be interesting or distinct from any other game about magic (which disappoints me, since Wizard is one of my favorite magic systems, and is quite different). There's no background and the least-generic and most visually-interesting thing is that the caster is a woman, but gender, sex and appearance are not part of the game, and neither are her jewels and potion unless it includes such content from Advanced Wizard.

It would be great to use as secondary (back cover, or interior) art, but it doesn't represent the game well.

The logo also seems overly soft, colorful, rounded and cartoonish, for the flavor of the game. e.g. it doesn't conjure a feeling that goes with Yzor's cracked ribs or his opponent being finished off by a conjured wolf...
Skarg is offline   Reply With Quote