Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Old 01-04-2012, 09:34 AM   #1
The Big Boo

Default Curse you, Warranty Expires! on my Lead Paint!

I am lead to believe that the curses Lead Paint! and Warranty Expires! were originally misprinted in Munchkin 7: More Good Cards (which I never owned and doesn't exist anymore as it has been replaced with Munchkin 7: Cheat With Both Hands).

As a result SJ Games tried to get them beck to everyone by adding them into the booster packs Munchkin Monster Enhancers and Munchkin Marked For Death.

I have bought both of these booster packs recently and so now have 2 of each curse!

On to the questions!

Should I put 1 set of curses into my deck of door cards or both sets in? is their any official guidlines that anyone knows of?

I think this is going to come down to personal preference so my second question is, what is everyones personal preference? 1 set or both sets of curses?
The Big Boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 11:17 AM   #2
snarky

Default Re: Curse you, Warranty Expires! on my Lead Paint!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Boo View Post
I am lead to believe that the curses Lead Paint! and Warranty Expires! were originally misprinted in Munchkin 7: More Good Cards (which I never owned and doesn't exist anymore as it has been replaced with Munchkin 7: Cheat With Both Hands).

As a result SJ Games tried to get them beck to everyone by adding them into the booster packs Munchkin Monster Enhancers and Munchkin Marked For Death.

I have bought both of these booster packs recently and so now have 2 of each curse!

On to the questions!

Should I put 1 set of curses into my deck of door cards or both sets in? is their any official guidlines that anyone knows of?

I think this is going to come down to personal preference so my second question is, what is everyones personal preference? 1 set or both sets of curses?
The official answer is that, as with all other Curses, the Door card versions of these should replace the Treasure card versions. There are a lot of folks who I know of that have kept the Treasure card versions in play as an extra-special surprise.
snarky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 11:38 AM   #3
The Big Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by snarky View Post
The official answer is that, as with all other Curses, the Door card versions of these should replace the Treasure card versions. There are a lot of folks who I know of that have kept the Treasure card versions in play as an extra-special surprise.
Yes but I only have the 2 versions from the boosters Monster Enhancers and Marked For Death and these 4 cards are all door cards
Old 01-04-2012, 11:40 AM   #4
MunchkinMan

The official take is that you can put in whatever cards you want. If you don't want both copies of the newly printed Curses in the Door deck, that is fine. If you want both copies in, that's fine, too...
MiB #1029
MunchkinMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 11:42 AM   #5
Mister Ed

I think what he's asking is what do you do with the two copies of the Door card versions that you end up with if you buy both Monster Enhancers and Marked for Death.

For myself, I generally just leave them both in. What can it hurt? If they were persistent Curses, then I might reconsider, since that would raise the question of what happens if both copies are played on the same person at the same time. But if I recall correctly both those have their effect and are discarded, so having more than one copy isn't at all problematic.

EDIT: Man, I've got to learn to type faster. TWO responses just while I typed this, that's embarassing.
Mister Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 11:46 AM   #6
The Big Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MunchkinMan View Post
The official take is that you can put in whatever cards you want. If you don't want both copies of the newly printed Curses in the Door deck, that is fine. If you want both copies in, that's fine, too...
Thought as much

My personal choice is going to be only to put in 1 set not both,

Im the guy that can shuffle and shuffle my deck like crazy and still all the wizard cards end up together >8(
Old 01-04-2012, 03:24 PM   #7
emillang1000

That's probably the best way to go - I had both More Good Cards and Cheat With Both Hands in for a while, not realizing that they were meant to be mutually exclusive. Games were... weird, to say the least.

Tags
expires, lead, paint, warranty