Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 01-19-2009, 07:34 AM   #31
kmunoz

Default Re: NatEnc and ICFTF

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonsbane
Kmunoz:

Currently, the It Came from the Forums PDF seems to be corrupt. It can't be opened. I tried it in two computers with Adobe Acrobat.

Possible explanation: maybe it has too many nasty bugs inside!
Odd. . . I haven't updated that one in a while. I'll look into it. Thanks!
kmunoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 07:37 AM   #32
kmunoz

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonsbane
Kmunoz:

Currently, the It Came from the Forums PDF seems to be corrupt. It can't be opened. I tried it in two computers with Adobe Acrobat.

Possible explanation: maybe it has too many nasty bugs inside!
I just checked it myself and it seems to be fine. I'll upload a new copy anyway.
Old 01-19-2009, 07:56 AM   #33
Lupo

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmunoz
(What they are looking for, we've been told, is an update to the stats but no changes to the body of the text. I don't think that's a particularly good idea; it doesn't improve upon what I've already done with the NatEnc.)
If this is the case, I think I might submit a proposal... the idea of getting money just to convert statistics is too tempting :)
Old 07-08-2009, 09:11 PM   #34
kmunoz

I back at work on the Encyclopedia. I'm hoping in the next couple of weeks to have half of what remains of Space Bestiary completed.
Old 07-08-2009, 11:55 PM   #35
Amra

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmunoz View Post
I back at work on the Encyclopedia. I'm hoping in the next couple of weeks to have half of what remains of Space Bestiary completed.
That's good news. Thanks kmunoz for all the work, I follow any new editions of your Encyclopedia.

BTW, did you ever look into a e23 version? The reason I ask is that the Encyclopedia would be so much better if it could provide the stats for published 4e creatures instead of referencing other 4e books.

A solid GURPS 4e bestiary is a huge gapping hole in the 4e line that I would seriously like addressed. I don't even care about fluff and art, just what is a cat in GURPS, or a lion, elephant, horse, griffin, etc. A general idea of appropriate official stats for a large number of creatures would be very helpful.

I also like bestiaries to include the damage of the creatures. I've gotten a few 3e books for reference and noticed that the Attributes, Adds, Disadds, Skills, Etc. are listed, but not the damage per attack type. This is crucial information for a bestiary. (this isn't a problem with your Encyclopedia, but a strange and frustrating omission from officially published books, how the heck do leave out the damage the creature can do?)
Amra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 07:07 AM   #36
kmunoz

Over a year ago Scott Maykrantz and I proposed a bestiary based on SJG's guidelines. After a few emails back and forth with them, we haven't heard from them on this since last January (2008). I stopped inquiring after a while.

They only wanted the stats updated, and none of the text. At the time Scott had done the text and I'd done the stats. When they basically wanted to drop Scott's work from the project, it left a sour taste in my mouth. So frankly I didn't continue putting a lot of effort into it. And then around that time I was finishing up my PhD and had other manuscripts to worry about. ;)

(The other problem, technical, is that I don't have Word, which they need for their submissions, and apparently OpenOffice doesn't format things correctly enough. Either that or I'm not comprehending the template. Scott knows what he's doing, he's the reason the proposal got as far as it did.)
Old 07-09-2009, 09:31 AM   #37
demonsbane

This is interesting to know.

"Physics is basic but inessential."
Wolfgang Smith

My G+
demonsbane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 09:01 PM   #38
Cernig

Quote:
Over a year ago Scott Maykrantz and I proposed a bestiary based on SJG's guidelines. After a few emails back and forth with them, we haven't heard from them on this since last January (2008). I stopped inquiring after a while.
This is surely one of SJG's dumber moves. The talent you and Scott show is self-evident and they need this book, even an expansion to compliment the DF line.
Cernig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 09:03 PM   #39
kmunoz

I've added references to the 4e entries in GURPS Dragons. I'm still working on Space Bestiary. I should have an update to the NatEnc PDF this weekend.

I also have a large collection of entries for the ICFTF PDF; I just need to type them in.
Old 07-27-2009, 11:06 AM   #40
kmunoz

NatEnc updated. Most of the additions are pointers to GURPS Dragons, plus the formatting is back to the proper *unbroken* entry block style.

Tags
bestiary, creatures