Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 01-11-2021, 04:04 AM   #1
FeiLin

Default Contacts and Frequence of Appearance

Frequence of Appearance is supposed to be rolled once at the start of each adventure, but Contacts are rolled when needed. That implies it's not rerolled for further requests so the -2 for additional questions is to skill, right? (Given that you still stick to one encounter per day.)

Also, does that -2 wash away at night, or is it cumulative per adventure?

Edit: regarding the first question, having reread the Contact entry, I'm inclined to say it's not explicit either way, but implies to roll "when you wish to reach your Contact". That still doesn't answer the question, but I'd be inclined to reverse the implication (since each time I wish to contact I have to roll).

Last edited by FeiLin; 01-11-2021 at 04:27 AM.
FeiLin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 07:13 AM   #2
Stormcrow

Default Re: Contacts and Frequence of Appearance

Once per game day, you can say, "I'm going to contact my... er... Contact!" You roll against the frequency of appearance. If you make the roll, you can ask your Contact multiple questions or favors in order. For each question or favor, roll against the Contact's effective skill, applying a -2 penalty per question or favor beyond the first. Once all questions or favors are done, you cannot ask any more of your Contact for the rest of the day, but the following day you can start all over.

If you roll a critical failure on the frequency of appearance roll, the Contact doesn't appear at all during the rest of the adventure, no matter how many days it lasts.

This is all quite explicit in the rules.
Stormcrow is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
contacts, frequency of appearance