Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 12-19-2020, 05:02 AM   #11
Tessen

Default Re: 'Flying Dragon' OSS Clandestine Dart Gun, Stats?

Hang on hang on!.

I thought the idea was to take out the guard with STEALTH not the fact of getting within close proximity to the guard (touching distance) then whipping out a bundle of TNT or dropping a Tallboy on him (which would kill you with the blast radius as well).

I thought the idea was a sneaky kill by using equipment that was made primarily for this job. Or is it the case of the most unorthodox way of taking out a fella with a rifle , facing with his back to you?

Overkill style over substance.
Tessen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2020, 05:54 AM   #12
johndallman
Night Watchman

Default Re: 'Flying Dragon' OSS Clandestine Dart Gun, Stats?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessen View Post
I thought the idea was a sneaky kill by using equipment that was made primarily for this job. Or is it the case of the most unorthodox way of taking out a fella with a rifle, facing with his back to you?
Sneaking and stabbing is how we do that. Given the stealth ability, strong nerves, and a Very Fine Long Knife, it's much more reliable than dart guns or crossbows, even if it is boringly orthodox.

The other ways are not for killing individual guards, but are unusual ways of killing people or destroying things that get used.
johndallman is online now   Reply With Quote