Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Ogre and G.E.V.

Old 12-17-2018, 06:00 PM   #121
Mack_JB

Default Re: Battlefields KS

To be honest, I always had my older Ogre products (though my Deluxe edition went missing sometime in the 90s); I always seemed to renew personal interest when things were low for Ogre as a franchise.
Mack_JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 07:04 PM   #122
GranitePenguin
Ogre Line Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky00 View Post
Concur!!!!
Hmm... I sense a 10-character minimum number of exclamation points. :-)

I feel the same. Some of the duplication of what I have is because I'll eventually give some of it away. I just don't have a good feel for where they are going to go just yet. While it's great for sharing in the house, it's tough because I can't give it to "just one" of my daughter's kids; they all deserve it.
Old 12-17-2018, 09:57 PM   #123
Belle Sorciere

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf90 View Post
Thank you, each and every one of you. This absolutely makes my chest swell; it does my soul good knowing that we are reaching some "new" players, even if some are reclamations from the past. Please indoctrinate . . . er . . . introduce your friends; the more interest there is in our wonderful game, the more I can push to support it!

This is all on you, the fans. We're just responding to the support you've shown us! Thank you so much!

D.

I didn't even know about ODE until last year when I had some money to spend and wanted to catch up on old favorites. I was fortunate enough to get an ODE KS edition, and I'm glad I've been able to at least back the stuff I can afford since.

Plus, also, the community has been really great. Love the forum's welcoming atmosphere.

Last edited by Belle Sorciere; 12-17-2018 at 10:33 PM.
Belle Sorciere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 07:28 AM   #124
Mack_JB

Sheepish admission ... while I always knew about Ogre, and bought the new stuff up to about 1990, I always assumed it had died off, as there was never anything new in game stores when I'd go. Of course, launching my own model railroad kit line, while working full time as a model builder and having two kids, pretty much killed gaming from 1993 until 2005 ... by which time the world had changed, and it again seemed Ogre was a defunct item.

So this new renaissance of fresh Ogre stuff is really appreciated, especially the plastic minis, which I have wanted since around 1978.
Old 12-18-2018, 10:37 AM   #125
Misplaced Buckeye

I posted this up on the FB pages with no response so I'll try here. Just received the M2 and M3 maps. When I tried to pair the M3 with my ORIGINAL M1 the edge hexes were off by about an 1/8 of an inch. No Big really but was wondering if the current run of the M1 with the corrected forest hexes has that issue also. I might order one in stead of trimming the original.
Misplaced Buckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 10:46 AM   #126
dwalend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misplaced Buckeye View Post
I posted this up on the FB pages with no response so I'll try here. Just received the M2 and M3 maps. When I tried to pair the M3 with my ORIGINAL M1 the edge hexes were off by about an 1/8 of an inch. No Big really but was wondering if the current run of the M1 with the corrected forest hexes has that issue also. I might order one in stead of trimming the original.
That's about the expected fit of the mats. A 1/8" miss won't change game play.

SJGames was really hesitant to suggest putting them together until the last two weeks or so. I suspect it was just too amazing to hide.
dwalend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 11:14 AM   #127
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwalend View Post
That's about the expected fit of the mats. A 1/8" miss won't change game play.
Agreed. The printing process for playmats isn't as accurate as the mounted gameboards and will not align exactly. That doesn't affect gameplay.
philreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 12:52 PM   #128
Mack_JB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misplaced Buckeye View Post
Remember, you slice up your M1 to fit your M3, and your M1 may not match M2 or M4/5 later. It's a toss up whether it goes 1/8" heavy on this pair, or 1/8" shy on that pair ... correct?
Old 12-18-2018, 01:15 PM   #129
Cat

The mats overlap each other and still lay quite flat without issue for gameplay.
Old 12-18-2018, 02:28 PM   #130
ColBosch

So...nobody's going to talk about the elephant in the room? We're just going to ignore SJ's bombshell update about the $100k Stretch Goal? Well, okay. ;-)
ColBosch is offline   Reply With Quote