Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 09-10-2019, 09:09 PM   #21
namada
Banned

Default Re: GURPS - Your Licensed Product Wishlist

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Johansen View Post
Well, just by way of building up the popularity of GURPS: Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, Star Trek, Alien, Terminator, Blade Runner, Predator, Harry Potter, Warhammer, Warhammer 40000, and Marvel superheroes, DC superheroes.

But for personal tastes Bughunters (TSR's old Replicant PCs verses Aliens, Predators, and Terminators), Star Wolf, Foundation, The Expanse, Uplift.
Most of these seem entirely impossible, not just improbable. I'd hoped the thread wouldn't devolve into pure fantasy.

I played by my own rules of 'top 3' but, just as another example, a treatment of Xoth for GURPS would be really cool, and while any licensed product is already improbably, I see no insurmountable hurdles for a GURPS Xoth - that one actually seems like it would be a great fit and easy for SJG to do, given that Mongoose has licensed it for their Legend RPG.
namada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 09:19 PM   #22
Refplace

A license would bump visibility but I doubt it would very much.
How about GURPS authors we would like to see write a new setting or expand on one they have already published?
I think I would enjoy J. Edward Tremlett, especially for a Horror or part horror setting. Also there was a space war setting in Pyramid I liked, not sure the issue at the moment
My List of GURPS You Tube videos (plus a few other useful items)
My GURPS Wiki entries
Refplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 10:04 PM   #23
LokRobster

Quote:
Originally Posted by namada View Post
Most of these seem entirely impossible, not just improbable. I'd hoped the thread wouldn't devolve into pure fantasy.
I liked this one, when subject line is Wishlist.
Of all the listed ideas, Alan Dean Foster’s Spellsinger strikes me as my favorite idea.
It would also showcase the long-listed “GURPS Furries” concept. I think that’s been on the future/wanted page since 2002 or earlier.

I still like Humanx too, but it probably doesn’t need another book.

None of the stuff I want would have wide-spread appeal or bring in new audiences though; it’s just what I would wish for.
Old 09-10-2019, 10:19 PM   #24
namada
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LokRobster View Post
I liked this one, when subject line is Wishlist.
I meant, as in the GURPS Wishlist, which is really just a list of preapproved books, not in the sense of magical genies. I intended the thread to be a place for SJG to look for what licenses are preapproved by GURPS fans, so we don't end up with another Mars Attacks.
namada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 10:42 PM   #25
Phantasm

Hmmm....

GURPS Asimov's Robots/Empire/Foundation Universe (Gotta be a better name for it....)

GURPS Honor Harrington

and a call to update GURPS Wild Cards

"But mom, I don't wanna go back in the dungeon!"

The GURPS Marvel Universe Reboot Project A-G, H-R, and S-Z, and its not-a-wiki-really web adaptation.
Ranoc, a Muskets-and-Magery Renaissance Fantasy Setting

Last edited by Phantasm; 09-10-2019 at 10:47 PM.
Phantasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 02:03 AM   #26
vicky_molokh
GURPS FAQ Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollonian View Post
On topic, I second the vote for Dishonored, and I'll also throw in Prey for similar style gameplay. And Thief, for that matter. (Actually, a little Action! style sourcebook for doing sneaky-type games such as those would be a pretty awesome non-licensed supplement.)
Thief could work (with a stretch), but Prey relies too much on the interesting bits of the setting being only available in a highly localised couple of space stations, while the rest of the setting is barely fleshed out.

Even Deus Ex (either originals or the supposedly-prequel-with-subtle-signs-of-rebooting) would be a better fit.
Old 09-11-2019, 02:48 AM   #27
The Colonel

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicky_molokh View Post
Even Deus Ex (either originals or the supposedly-prequel-with-subtle-signs-of-rebooting) would be a better fit.
Yeah. Deus Ex might be a good one - a reasonably hard Cyberpunk setting without the netrunning nonsense...
The Colonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 04:38 AM   #28
Phil Masters

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIB.6361 View Post
3: Carnival Row
Incidentally, the writer of that series has self-published an RPG treatment. Not using GURPS, though.

As that's the second writer I've seen do something similar in the last couple of months (the first being Kieron Gillen's game version of DIE), I think that we may now have reached a tipping point where writers in various media are very likely to have histories with gaming, to be interested to see what they can do with their ideas, and to like the idea of gamers playing in their sandboxes.
My Self-Publications: On Warehouse 23 and On DriveThruRPG.
Phil Masters is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 05:32 AM   #29
ErhnamDJ

In a perfect world, Hunter × Hunter. I can't think of any better way to show off what a powers system can do.

My blog.
ErhnamDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 06:51 AM   #30
maximara
On Notice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Refplace View Post
A license would bump visibility but I doubt it would very much.
Exactly my point anytime this idea comes up. Never mind licenses cost money.

I have to wonder how often SJG has to renew its Conan license as I cannot see them continuing providing their PDFs under the same license that they got 31 years ago.
Help make a digital reference for GURPS by coming to the GURPS wiki and provide some information and links (such as to various Fanmade 4e Bestiaries) . Please, provide more then just a title and a page number.

Last edited by maximara; 09-11-2019 at 07:02 AM.
maximara is offline   Reply With Quote