Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2019, 01:42 PM   #31
philreed
Chief Executive Officer
 
philreed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Default Re: DFRPG Monsters 2 and reprint of the Box set on Kickstarter now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzardo View Post
It always amazes me that people will drop $10 for a movie and then complain about $75 (in this case) for a game, when the game will provide far more hours than the movie. So it goes.
Not at all uncommon. They'll also drop $50+ at the bar drinking and then complain about the cost of $40 RPG books. All that we can do, as publishers, is charge what we have to in order to keep making games.

If a game line no longer generates enough revenue to continue publishing, we have to close the doors on the series and move to something that is in demand.
philreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 05:34 PM   #32
Buzzardo
 
Buzzardo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Austin, TX
Default Re: DFRPG Monsters 2 and reprint of the Box set on Kickstarter now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by philreed View Post
Not at all uncommon. They'll also drop $50+ at the bar drinking and then complain about the cost of $40 RPG books. All that we can do, as publishers, is charge what we have to in order to keep making games.

If a game line no longer generates enough revenue to continue publishing, we have to close the doors on the series and move to something that is in demand.
Yup. It is what it is, as folks say.
__________________
Play Ogre? Want an interactive record sheet?

Want a random dungeon? How about some tables for that? How about a random encounter?
Buzzardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 07:14 PM   #33
Rasputin
 
Rasputin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Minneapolis, MN, USA
Default Re: DFRPG Monsters 2 and reprint of the Box set on Kickstarter now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by philreed View Post
You saw the $30 add-on for the Player's Bundle, yes?
Does the Player's Bundle mean these will have separate ISBN numbers? As a librarian, it's much easier to catalog that way.
__________________
Cura isto securi, Eugene.

My GURPS blog.
Rasputin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 07:25 PM   #34
philreed
Chief Executive Officer
 
philreed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Default Re: DFRPG Monsters 2 and reprint of the Box set on Kickstarter now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post
Does the Player's Bundle mean these will have separate ISBN numbers? As a librarian, it's much easier to catalog that way.
No. We will bag the two and add a barcode sticker to the bag for fulfillment purposes. The books will not be offered to distributors outside of the box set.
philreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 07:11 PM   #35
David Johansen
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Default Re: DFRPG Monsters 2 and reprint of the Box set on Kickstarter now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by philreed View Post
Not at all uncommon. They'll also drop $50+ at the bar drinking and then complain about the cost of $40 RPG books. All that we can do, as publishers, is charge what we have to in order to keep making games.

If a game line no longer generates enough revenue to continue publishing, we have to close the doors on the series and move to something that is in demand.
heh, I once thought the kids that hung out at my store on would bring in more sales when they got through schools and got jobs. Instead they discovered girls and alcohol. One of my competitors says, "girlfriends are the enemy of my business." :D
David Johansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 01:51 AM   #36
corwyn
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Saskatoon, SK
Default Re: DFRPG Monsters 2 and reprint of the Box set on Kickstarter now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Johansen View Post
heh, I once thought the kids that hung out at my store on would bring in more sales when they got through schools and got jobs. Instead they discovered girls and alcohol. One of my competitors says, "girlfriends are the enemy of my business." :D
Not if you drag them in with you. Honestly, my SO makes most of our gaming purchases. While "not a gamer-girl" would not have been a deal-breaker, I'm glad I didn't face that choice.
__________________
MiB 7704
Playing: D&D 5e
Running: DF RPG/Steampunk
Running: DF RPG Nordlond
Playing: DF RPG Musketeers
Playing: GURPS Uplift?
corwyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 12:56 PM   #37
Tom H.
 
Tom H.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Central Texas, north of Austin
Default Re: DFRPG Monsters 2 and reprint of the Box set on Kickstarter now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Johansen View Post
heh, I once thought the kids that hung out at my store on would bring in more sales when they got through schools and got jobs. Instead they discovered girls and alcohol. One of my competitors says, "girlfriends are the enemy of my business." :D
At the same time, girlfriends are ultimately necessary to any prolonged future of the business. ;-)
Tom H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 12:07 AM   #38
David Johansen
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Default Re: DFRPG Monsters 2 and reprint of the Box set on Kickstarter now!

I thought it was a comment on his customer base. :P
David Johansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 03:32 AM   #39
RPGFan
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Default Re: DFRPG Monsters 2 and reprint of the Box set on Kickstarter now!

GURPS and DFRPG are so excellent, I would pay much more to get new Stuff!

I hope so much thar the Reprint will be a huge success, but it seems to be possible, that even the 40.000 $ wouldn't be achieved.


THAT would be a catastrophe to me :(
RPGFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 04:53 AM   #40
DarkPumpkin
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Cidri (exact location withheld)
Default Re: DFRPG Monsters 2 and reprint of the Box set on Kickstarter now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPGFan View Post
GURPS and DFRPG are so excellent, I would pay much more to get new Stuff!

I hope so much thar the Reprint will be a huge success, but it seems to be possible, that even the 40.000 $ wouldn't be achieved.


THAT would be a catastrophe to me :(
I think we'll make it! It does seem a tall order at this point to knock over some of those stretch goals and get the full complement of monsters, though.
DarkPumpkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Fnords are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:10 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.