Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 08-31-2018, 08:20 AM   #21
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: Lost in Dreams (Jane Doe)

Dr. Kuse: "No, We're the first, and so far only. The relief vessel won't come for 4 months. or 3 months and 3 weeks now. We arrived around 200 hours ago. But everyone has been staring at that picture all week, so its no wonder it feels familiar to you."

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 04:59 PM   #22
Plane

"I'm wondering now if perhaps I stowed away on this ship intentionally but then forgot that I did it... though someone else might also have kidnapped me and stowed me against my will. I also don't have any way of proving I actually don't remember and it would make sense for anyone to imagine I could by lying."

*gaze is lowering steadily from Dr K's face as she says this*

"Is there some way I can try and be useful to the ship? I understand I can't be trusted like a crew member and couldn't do anything important. Some job nobody wants?"
Plane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 07:29 AM   #23
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Dr. Kuse: "Yes, those are the possibilities we are working with as well."

Dr. Kuse: "Without an ANI? likely not. Just about every job here requires one."

Zach West looks up suddenly: "I found the cause the cause of her amnesia. Its quite deliberate. Basically brain surgery. Its pretty recent. Only about a week old. Possibly to remove... no, you can't do an ANI like that. Can you?"

Dr. Kuse spins to look at Ostav: "Stay put Ostav! no ANI, no screens. Olive, I have something you can do. You can keep Ostav company while we wait for him to be effected again."

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
Old 09-04-2018, 12:50 PM   #24
Plane

*shuffles over awkwardly to the chair* "So Ostav, you all have these ANIs in your brains? Are they expensive?"
Old 09-04-2018, 01:23 PM   #25
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Ostav: "Yes, we all have ANI's. I got mine first installed when I was 10 years old. I went to the Neuralistry Clinic and they put me to sleep and installed it. That was pretty for one back then, but the age has just gotten pushed younger and younger. It does require more work to maintain in a growing body."

Ostav: "Well, I suppose its expensive. You don't buy one or subscribe to a service that provides it for you. Unless you count the government. Installing them does take up a decent chunk of the economy, I think. Its a small price to pay for everything it gives you."

Ostav: "Every few years or so an ANI goes out, and we have to replace it. Its maddening when its not working. I can't get into any rooms*, I can't browse, my angel** can't analyze things. I handle it better than most, I think. We've had people panic because they lost their ANI and felt trapped in their sleeper pods."

*These appear to be virtual rooms, where most people spend most of their time both at work and off work.

**this appears to be a combination Artificial Intelligence (yes, she knows what that is), and Augmented Reality display.

Old 09-04-2018, 07:36 PM   #26
Plane

"I think I'd be scared if that happened to me, sleeper pods should have some kind of handle to get out in case an ANI conks out. Is there anyone on the ship skilled in installing them?"
Old 09-05-2018, 06:36 AM   #27
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Ostav: "But of course! We wouldn't leave without that capability! We have a few different cybernetists."

Old 09-05-2018, 01:22 PM   #28
Plane

"Well, I hope I can manage to get by without one for a while until I can afford one. I wouldn't need it to help with farming would I? If there's anything I didn't know maybe I could just ask someone with an ANI to ask theirs to tell me?"
Old 09-06-2018, 07:02 AM   #29
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Ostav: "Farming? We have no plans to farm on the station, and even then its likely you'd need an ANI. No, we'll just have to get you an ANI. You don't have to pay, its a government service. Though the paperwork will be be tricky."

The stuffy feeling returns to the room, then vanishes.

Ostav: "Oh, <explicative>. Ugg. Are you <explicative> tracking this?"

Zach West: "Getting all of it. Hang it there."

Old 09-06-2018, 10:40 AM   #30
Plane

"I guess it helps with measuring medical problems like pain for you too..." *rests hand on the chair*